Jesus at the Temple (Luke 19:45-20:8)
Cleansing the Temple (19:45-46)
Jesus knows that authentic worship is about prayer and not profit.
Conspiracy at the Temple (19:47-48)
People seriously responding to Jesus’ Word is a problem for religious leaders.
Confrontation at the Temple (20:1-8)
Jesus’ authority is undeniable even if you refuse to recognize it.
Jesus’ followers pray, hear His Word, and submit to His authority.
- Monday: John 2:12-25 (a separate incident)
- Tuesday: Matthew 6:5-15
- Wednesday: 2 Timothy 2:14-19
- Thursday: Philippians 2:1-11
- Friday: Luke 20:9-19
NEXT STEPS FROM TODAY’S MESSAGE
- How can you take a step toward increasing prayer in your life this week?
- What will you do this week to get into God’s Word?
- What aspect of your life do you need to submit to God?
Home Church Questions
- Read the Passage.
- Review the Message.
- What do you think of Jesus’ approach in cleansing the temple?
- Why were the people hanging on every word of Jesus?
- What do you think about Jesus’ response to the Pharisees?
- What does Jesus expose with His question to the Pharisees?
- Share your action steps with the group. (A bit risky isn’t it?)
NEW TO FELLOWSHIP? // Join us for lunch at our Guest Recep- tion TODAY after 2nd service // We’d love to get to know you and let you get to know Fellowship // Join us as Teaching Pastor Ken Wilson shares the mission and vision of Fellowship.
EASTER OFFERING // $27,000 // Thank you for your faithfulness as we send the Gospel across the street and across the sea.
HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR RECOGNITION // If you have a se- nor, please use the connection card to let us know, or email firstname.lastname@example.org // High school graduates will be celebrated Sunday, May 3.
CALLING ALL PEACEMAKERS // Couples, friends, leaders, parents – Learn practical steps to “go and be reconciled,” restoring peace and fellowship and experiencing the promise…”Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God.” // Sundays, April 12-26, 9:00 or 10:45 a.m. // Sign up at the Connection Center.
LET’S FEED SOME STARVING CHILDREN // The 2015 Tacos4Life Mobile Pack is April 15-18 at New Life Church // Join us as we pack 544,322 meals and have a blast doing it // 2015 MobilePack T-shirts are available at the Connection Center // Each shirt provides 45 meals // Fellowship has 310 packing slots reserved just for you // You can sign up at www.fellowshipconway.org/MP or at the Con- nection Center.
FELLOWSHIP 101 // New to Fellowship? Join us Sunday, April 19 (session 1) and April 26 (session 2) 9:00 a.m. in the Library (located on the second floor). You will learn about our ministries, priorities and how the Lord is leading at Fellowship.
FELLOWSHIP ON THE RIVER // Mark your calendars for April 26, 4:00 p.m. and join us at the river! // April 19 is the last day to purchae tickets!
MEN AT WORK // All men are invited to join us May 1-2 here in Conway // Friday evening will be a great time of fellowship and Saturday morning as we team up and tackle some projects for our older members and widows // More information and sign up at www.fellowshipconway.org/menatwork.
BABY DEDICATION // Sunday, May 10 (both services) // If you would like to have your baby dedicated, please email email@example.com.
- GUEST RECEPTION – April 12, 12:20 P.M.
- TACOS4LIFE MOBILE PACK – April 15-18
- FELLOWSHIP 101 – April 19 and April 26, 9:00
- A.M. FELLOWSHIP ON THE RIVER – April 26, 4:00 P.M
- LIFE CHOICES PRAYER – April 28
- MEN AT WORK MEN’S EVENT – May 1-2
- SENIOR RECOGNITION – May 3
- BABY DEDICATION – May 10 – Both services
- CZECH REPUBLIC MISSION TRIP – June 29 – July 15
- CHICAGO MISSION TRIP – July 26 – August 1
Fellowship Finances July 1, 2014 – April 5, 2015
- Weekly Budget Needs – $19,538
- Giving for 03/29/15 – $19,149
- Giving for 04/05/15 – $30,017
- Year to Date Needed – $781,520
- Year to Date Giving – $863,209
- Over (Under) Budget – $81,689