To Whom Do You Belong? (Luke 20:20-26)
- Pretending: (20:20)
- Opposition to Jesus is nothing new and has never been honest.
- Paying Taxes: (20:21-22)
- Misleading questions are often a foil for prior rejection.
- Portraits: (20:23-25)
- Bearing the image of God defines your deepest responsibility.
- Perplexed: (20:26)
- In the final analysis Jesus is astonishing.
- In spite of clever opposition, Jesus reveals the real issues of the human heart and prioritizes life as devotion to God.
- Monday: Genesis 1:1-2:3
- Tuesday: Genesis 2:4-25
- Wednesday: Psalm 8
- Thursday: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- Friday: Luke 20:27-40
NEXT STEPS FROM TODAY’S MESSAGE
- I will live with integrity in all of my financial dealings.
- I will offer myself fully to the One whose image I bear.
- I will “test drive” or “roll” into Fellowship Kids for the summer.
HOME CHURCH QUESTIONS
- Read the Passage.
- Review the message.
- Follow up on commitments from previous weeks.
- What are the most common current attacks on Jesus?
- Have you noticed attacks on Jesus increasing?
- How do we best defend our understanding of who Jesus is?
- How should we relate to the government of our country?
- What are some important implications of humans bearing the image of God
- What claim does God have on our lives?
- What specific area of your life must you submit to God’s control?