Remembering and Responding to Redemption
Sermon Slides click HERE
The Festival of Passover (Leviticus 23:4-8)
• Regularity: God’s people preserve their spiritual heritage through memorials (23:4)
• Ritual: God’s people commemorate their deliverance from bondage (23:5)
• Reenactment: God’s people remove corruption from their lives (23:6-8)
Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened.
For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.
Therefore let us keep the Festival,
not with the old bread leavened with malice and wickedness,
but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
(1 Corinthians 5:7-8)
The Fulfillment of Passover (1 Corinthians 5:7-8)
• Lord’s Supper: Christians celebrate the fulfillment of Passover in Communion
• Salvation: Christ delivered us from our bondage to sin.
• Sanctification: Christ’s sacrifice should motivate us to holy living.
God’s people regularly
remember and reenact their redemption,
motivating their holy living.
- Monday: Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
- Tuesday: Exodus 12:1-11
- Wednesday: Exodus 12:14-20
- Thursday: Exodus 12:21-30
- Friday: Leviticus 23:9-14
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will remember the work of Christ and celebrate my redemption to sin.
- I will purify my life in response to the price paid for my freedom.
PRAY FOR OUR TEAMS AS THEY GO TO MINISTER IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC
We have twenty-four team members embarking on our GO Czech Mission this week (June 26 – July 11) where they will teach evangelistic English camps and build relationships with local Czechs. Please pray for each of our team members below to be kept safe, as well as for unity, energy, and for opportunities to share Christ on the 16-day trip.
Adlee Watkins, Alan Greenwood, Alex Velte, Amanda Abramovitz, Austin Orvin, Beth Milligan, Bryan Abramovitz, Cade Griffith, Cade Stuart, Emily Evans, Evan Fulmer, Grace Delph, Grace Wilson, Hadleigh Austin, Hannah Martin, Hayden Burbank, Heather McKinney, Josh Wilson, Kari Benton, Maggie Thompson, Monica Thompson, Morgan Thomason, Sam Watkins, Zach Benton
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift, as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship. You can also send us a message at any time by clicking here. One of our staff would love to connect with you to help with any questions you have.
The GO Store’s Summer Garage Sale // Got stuff? Donations of any items can be dropped off at Fellowship starting Monday, June 26 – June 29. Got time to help? Volunteers are needed back here TODAY at 3pm to help with set up. Help is also needed to receive, organize, and price items during drop off this week. Contact Erica Cason at email@example.com if you can help. Need stuff? Friday, June 30 & Saturday, July 1, come by Fellowship ready to buy and support a great ministry!
• Stepping Up Small Group Study This 10-week study starts Tuesday, July 11, 6:30pm and will help teach and challenge men to embrace biblical manhood. Cost for workbook is $15. Sign here or at the Connection Center.
• Men’s Breakfast Saturday July 8, 8am. Join us as we sharpen and encourage each other over a great breakfast. This is a great chance to come and learn more about Fellowship’s Men’s Ministry, vision, and how you can get plugged in.
Girlfriends Progressive Dinner Great food and even better company! Join with other Fellowship women for a Progressive Dinner Wednesday, July 26, 6-8:30 p.m. in the Jefferson Place subdivision. Cost is a minimum donation of $2 and will go to benefit the Bethlehem House Ministry. Childcare available upon request. Sign up here or at the Connection Center. Contact Charlotte Strickland at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or more information.
IFO Host Families Needed International Friendship Outreach is looking for American families who can welcome and host international students for August 10- 13. This is an incredible opportunity to leave missional fingerprints from right here in Conway. Families who are interested can contact Miseon at email@example.com or 501-205-9207.
Downline Discipleship Institute Want to make disciples but not sure how, or what truth to invest in them? Downline partners with Fellowship, and other local churches, to equip Christ followers with the vision and tools needed for a lifetime of discipleship. Applications are now being accepted for the 2017-18 class which starts Aug. 17. Apply online by clicking here or contact Chris Kear at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 06/11/17 $28,194
Giving for Week Ending 06/18/17 $20,906
Year to Date Needed $1,174,686
Year to Date Giving $1,236,355
Over (Under) Budget $61,669