The Blessed Life
Sermon Slides – Click here
I. THE WAY OF THE RIGHTEOUS: God blesses the wise and grounded. (1:1-3)
• The righteous believer chooses his influences wisely (1).
– The righteous do not fraternize with the ungodly (Simpleton).
– The righteous do not take the advice of sinners (Fool).
– The righteous do not join the ranks of the scoffers (Mocker).
• The righteous believer keeps himself grounded in the word of God (2).
– The righteous delight to know the teachings of the Lord.
– The righteous constantly think about the instructions of the Lord.
• The righteous believer experiences a flourishing and fruitful life (3).
– The righteous believer grows spiritually (The Roots of Being).
– The righteous believer produces good works (The Fruit of Doing).
– The righteous believer endures the difficulties of life.
– The righteous believer flourishes in the blessing of the Lord.
II. THE WAY OF THE WICKED: God dismisses those who dismiss Him. (1:4-5)
• The life of the wicked unbeliever is useless (4).
• The destiny of the wicked unbeliever is judgment (5).
III. THE WAY OF THE LORD: God blesses the righteous and judges the wicked. (1:6)
• The life and destiny of the righteous is protected by the Lord (6a).
• The life and destiny of the wicked is rejected by the Lord (6b).
THE RIGHTEOUS WHO LIVE
AN UNTARNISHED LIFE GROUNDED IN GOD’S WORD
WILL FLOURISH IN GOD’S BLESSING
AND AVOID THE JUDGMENT ON THE WICKED.
- I will commit myself to regular time in God’s Word.
- I will evaluate my community and make decisions to assure I am being influenced in the right way.
This Week’s Growth Guide
God’s Word is both central and critical to your spiritual growth. We invite you to utilize the Growth Guide during the week
to further your application of the Truth from the message.
- Monday – Psalm 1
- Tuesday – Proverbs 1:1-7
- Wednesday – Proverbs 8
- Thursday – Proverbs 9
- Friday – Psalm 2
Automate the Important
The mission of Fellowship could not be accomplished without the faithful giving of the body.
This summer we have made it easy to continue your faithful giving as you travel by automating your giving over the summer.
Check out the website above, or call the church office and ask for Emily for help.
• Girlfriends Gathering, July 19, 6 p.m. Sign-ups begin July 1. More details to come.
• Girlfriends Progressive Dinner, July 26, 6:30 p.m. – Jefferson Place Subdivision More details to come!
Fellowship Student Ministries | Contact email@example.com
• High School (9th-12th) – Grill & Chill at Alan’s – June 19, 6:30-8:30 p.m. All current High Schoolers are invited to join Alan and Shyanne at their house (2510 Apple Blossom Lane). We will be grilling out hamburgers and playing games. Hope to see you there!
• Middle School (5th-8th) – Back Yard Hang out at the Uptons – June 20, 6:30-8:30 p.m. All current Middle Schoolers are invited to join us at the Upton’s house (2 Lake Pointe) for hotdogs and games. Hope to see you there!
NEXT – College and Young Adults | July 15 | 6:30-8:30p.m.
Summer Hangs – NEXT would like to invite any 17-25 year olds to a Summer hangout at the benton’s house. This is an informal gathering for students entering college or current NEXT people looking to connect in community over the summer. addtionally at this gathering, we will be sharing stories from the czech republic mission trip! For Directions, Contact Zach BEnton, firstname.lastname@example.org
Downline Fellowship partners with Downline Ministry to equip our people to make disciples. Fellowship has had 39 go through the Downline Institute here in Conway over the last 4 years. Downline is now taking applications for next year’s class that kicks off in August. Apply now while space in next year’s class remains. Get more info or apply at DownlineConway.com/apply.
Perspectives | Aug 21- Nov 21 | 6:00 p.m. | Woodland Heights
God has a “’world sized” role for every Christian in His global purposes. Whether people go to distant countries or stay at home is a secondary issue. The primary issue is what most people are hungry to discover: vision to live a life of purpose. Discovering that vision makes this course valuable, and perhps crucial, for any Christian. Perspectives is a 15 week course designed around four vantage points or “perspectives” – Biblical. Historical, Cultural, and Strategic. Each one highlights different aspects of God’s global purpose. Perspectives will meet Tuesdays beginning August 21 from 6-9:00 p.m. The cost is $270. If you register and pay by August 1 you will receive the early bird special of $245. Free child care.
The GO Store The Go Store is a great place to serve for all ages and abilities. you, your family, or a small group can serve once, monthly, or even become a regular volunteer. we would love to talk to you about options and ways to be involved! Contact Erica Cason at 870-391 1514 for more information.
Click Here if you would like to give a gift.
To make a gift or a commitment to Generations, you can click Here.
Weekly Budget 24,808
Giving For 6/03 23,641
Giving For 6/10 23,840
YTD Budget 1,215,781
YTD Giving 1,191,863
Over (under) (23,918)
Total Pledge 1,544,127