A Better Resurrection
For This Week’s Teaching Slides, click here.
Hebrews Establishes a Cultural Connection
• Popularity: From Mainstream to Marginalized
• Perception: From Leaders to Losers
• Political: From Protected to Persecuted
Hebrews Demonstrates a Relevant Reality
• Past: Pulled to Return to the Past
• Present: Pulled to Retreat from the Pressure
• Future: Pulled to Resign the Prize
Jesus Provides a Better Way
“”better” (κρειττων) – better in value, quality, and ability
• A better revelation (1:1-4)
• A better rest (4:1-11)
• A better faith, love, and hope (6:9-12)
• A better priest (7:1-28)
• A better hope (7:17-19)
• A better covenant (7:20-22)
• A better ministry, covenant, and promise (8:6)
• A better possession (10:32-34)
• A better country (11:13-16)
• A better resurrection (11:32-35)
• A better promise fulfilled (11:39-40)
Jesus Empowers a Better Response
• Persevere—Push ahead when pulled to return (6:1-3).
• Persevere—Run the race when pulled to retreat (12:1-2).
• Persevere—Take the long range view when pulled to resign (10:35-36).
So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.
You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God,
you will receive what he has promised.
- Monday: 1 Corinthians 15:1-11
- Tuesday: 1 Corinthians 15:12-19
- Wednesday: 1 Corinthians 15:20-34
- Thursday: 1 Corinthians 15:35-49
- Friday: 1 Corinthians 15:50-58
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will place my trust in Jesus as my resurrected Savior.
- I will press on toward maturity in light of the better way of following Jesus.
Home Church Questions
- Discuss the message. Is there anything that stood out as important, new, challenging, or helpful?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- How does your family celebrate Easter?
- How important is the resurrection to our faith?
- Why is the resurrection an essential verification of the work of Christ?
- If the resurrection is not true, what are the consequences?
- In a modern world, what must we believe about God in order to believe in the resurrection of Christ?
- How does the resurrection give “power” to our faith?
- How does the resurrection encourage you?
- What is your favorite aspect of the Easter message?
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different e at any time by clicking here. One of our staff would love to connect with you to help with any questions you have.
Easter Offering This year, through the Easter Offering, we want to invest in sharing the Great Story, that is the Gospel of Christ, through the ministry of Operation Christmas Child. This offering will fund our fall packing party. We will collect the Easter Offering at the end of our worship service today. You can also give online by clicking here.
FSM Senior Sunday We would like to honor our graduating HS seniors with special recognition and a ceremony on Sunday, May 7. If you have a senior graduating high school this year, please e-mail up to five photos of your child to Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, April 23 so that we can make sure to include them in our Senior Sunday presentation.
Family Sunday Our next Family Sunday service will be May 7 when we come together before the Lord to worship as believers of all ages. This is a great chance for us as parents to model our walk with the Lord on Sunday mornings as we pray, worship, and partake in communion together to remember Jesus’ sacrifice. Note: We will not have our usual Fellowship Kids or FSM services on Family Sunday as we will worship the Lord together. Contact Heather McKinney at email@example.com for more information.
Fellowship on the River Mark your calendars for Fellowship on the River, coming up on Sunday, May 7. This is a great opportunity to come together as a Fellowship family for a time of fun, food, music, and ‘fellowshipping together’. No cost to attend unless you will be ordering food. Tickets for food are available to purchase on our website by clicking here or at the Connection Center beginning April 23.
Baby Dedication The dedication of babies is a special time for parents to make a commitment before their family and friends to bring up their children in the ways of the Lord. We will have a special baby dedication on Sunday, May 14 (both services). Contact Lisa Gerdes at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to have your baby dedicated during one of the services.
Fellowship Kids Camp Fellowship Kids Camp, June 19-23, is a great opportunity for your kids (K-4th grade) to learn more about the Bible and have a great time doing it! Registration opens May 1. For more information, contact Heather McKinney at email@example.com.
Submit a Prayer Request Our staff, elders, and prayer teams would love to pray for you. You can submit a prayer request at anytime on our website by clicking here or through the Fellowship App.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 04/02/17 20,916
Giving for Week Ending 04/09/17 35,503
Year to Date Needed 944,355
Year to Date Giving 1,013,741
Over (Under) Budget 69,386