The Judgment of Nadab and Abihu
The Violation of Ministry
For this Week’s Teaching Slides click here.
For this Week’s Handout click here.
Introduction: A Lesson on the Holiness of God
God’s people—especially ministers—must not be innovative with the clear instructions of God (10:1-2).
Obey the clear stuff!
God’s people—especially ministers—must honor God and recognize His holiness (10:3).
God is a consuming fire. Act like you know this truth.
God’s people—especially ministers—must be an example to those who follow (10:4-7).
Your walk talks louder than your talk talks!
God’s people—especially ministers—must safeguard their ability to make distinction between holy, common, clean, and unclean (10:8-10).
Be sober and think straight!
God’s people—especially ministers—must take their life and ministry seriously (10:12-20).
Your life is your ministry!
Your example is more important than your position,
so guarantee your ability to discern between right and wrong
when the pressure is on.
- Monday: Romans 1:18-32
- Tuesday: Acts 5:1-11
- Wednesday: Leviticus 11-12
- Thursday: Leviticus 13-14
- Friday: Leviticus 15
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will take a serious inventory of my life in light of the Holy God I worship and serve.
- I will covenant with God to never be drunk and always be able to think clearly about spiritual matters.
- I will pay more attention to my example as a believer, than my entitlements as one.
Home Church Questions
- Read Leviticus 10:1-20.
- Is there anything that was new, memorable, or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- The Lord struck down Nadab, Abihu, Uzzah, Annanias, and Sapharia. Talk about that. Why? What is the lesson? Why is that not done more frequently?
- Talk about your views on alcohol. A biblical non-negotiable is that drunkenness is sin (Eph. 5:18).
- The directive to not consume alcohol is connected very clearly with the ability to be discerning. How should that be regularly applied in our lives?
- If Leviticus 11 were written today what might be added to the list along with alcohol? Is it legitimate to add a good night sleep to the list?
- Why is the example of our life so important?
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different e at any time by clicking here. One of our staff would love to connect with you to help with any questions you have.
Fellowship on the River Grab your family, friends, and neighbors and join us here at Fellowship on May 7, at 4:00 p.m. for great food, live music, fun activities for the kids, and the chance to hang out with your Fellowship family. No cost to attend unless you order food. Food tickets can be purchased at the Connection Center or on our website by clicking here.
Baby Dedication The dedication of babies is a special time for parents to make a commitment before their family and friends to bring up their children in the ways of the Lord. We will have a special baby dedication on Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 14 (both services). Contact Lisa Gerdes at email@example.com to have your baby dedicated.
Family Sunday Our next Family Sunday services will be May 7 when we will come together before the Lord to worship, pray, and partake of communion as believers of all ages. Please note: We will NOT have our usual Fellowship Kids and FSM services on Family Sunday since we will be worshiping the Lord together. Contact Heather Fulmer or Heather McKinney for more information or questions.
Fellowship Kids Camp is a great opportunity for your kids (K – 4th) to learn more about the Bible and have a great time doing it! Registration opens May 1. For more information, contact Heather McKinney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Night of Prayer for Missions Join us Sunday, May 21, here at Fellowship for a focused time of praying for our missionaries, global workers, and missions.
Fellowship Kids Summer Celebration Join with other Fellowship families as we celebrate the end of the school year, Saturday, June 3, 10-12:00 p.m. There will be games to play, faces to paint, leaders to dunk, and popsicles to eat. Contact Heather Fulmer at email@example.com more information.
Stay Connected with the Fellowship App Easily access sermon and teaching resources, sign up for or view upcoming events on the church calendar, even submit a prayer request — all from your fingertips! Download the App for iPhone and Android here.
Submit a Prayer Request Our staff, elders, and prayer teams would love to pray for you. You can submit a prayer request at anytime on our website by clicking here or through the Fellowship App.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 04/09/17 35,503
Giving for Week Ending 04/16/17 14,727
Year to Date Needed 967,388
Year to Date Giving 1,028,467
Over (Under) Budget 61,079