A Matter of Life and Death
The LIFE Pathway – How to be Blessed in a Trial (1:12)
• Crown of LIFE
The Blame Game – No One but Yourself (1:13)
• “God made me do it.”
• “The devil made me do it.”
• “I did it.”
The DEATH Pathway – How to Fail in Misery (1:14-15)
The Credit Game – No One but God
• Don’t fool yourself.
• God is a consistent giver of good gifts.
• Salvation is the first fruits with more to come.
Trials provide an opportunity to really live
when you endure and experience God’s approval
or experience living death as a Christian
when your desire leads to sin and ultimately death.
- Monday: Genesis 3:1-7
- Tuesday: Luke 4:1-11
- Wednesday: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27
- Thursday: Revelation 2:8-11
- Friday: James 1:19-21
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will explain the two pathways through a trial to someone who did not hear the message (family member, friend, Fellowshipper who skipped church today).
- I will reflect on the two pathways and how they have been real in my own life.
- I will pray for wisdom and strength to endure my own trials without blaming God or others.
Home Church Questions
- Read James 1:12-18.
- Discuss the message. Is there anything that stood out as important, new, challenging, or helpful?
- What does the blessing of God look like?
- How would it feel to be “approved by God” for enduring a trial to the end?
- Why is it so easy to blame others?
- Explain the workings of the Lust-Sin-Death cycle with examples.
- When have you experienced this cycle in your life?
- Read 1 Timothy 6:12. Talk about what that means on a daily basis.
- How does our salvation help us trust God for future good gifts?
- Discuss a trial you are enduring. Pray for wisdom and endurance.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Fellowship on the River Last day to buy food tickets. Get them at the Connection Center or online today to reserve your food for Fellowship’s annual picnic at Toad Suck Park on May 1st, 4 PM. Fun, live music and fellowship awaits you! Join us!
Fellowship Kids Test Drive/ Why serve? We are called to pass on the faith to the next generation. See what it’s like to serve in Fellowship Kids! Complete the card found in your seat and place in the offering basket to schedule a test drive or sign up to serve this summer.
Baby Dedication Dedication of babies is a special time of commitment by the parents and the Fellowship family to bring up children in the ways of the Lord. We will have a special baby dedication on Sunday, May 8 (both services). To have your baby dedicated, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mother’s Day The Girlfriend’s Ministry is sponsoring a baby bottle drive for Life Choices and a diaper/wipes drive for Soul Food Café. Please take a baby bottle to fill with change (checks made out to Life Choices) and return to Fellowship by May 15th (after, please drop off directly to Life Choices). Drop off diapers and wipes to the Connection Center anytime between now and May 15th (after, please drop off directly to Soul Food).
Staying Current with fellowship Fellowship sends out weekly emails with upcoming events and information that we want to be sure you don’t miss out on. Please take a moment to fill out the Connection Card in your bulletin with your current email address and place in the offering basket. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Search “Fellowship Conway.”
Prayer Request The elders and staff pray weekly for the Fellowship family and we are asking you to join us as we go through some staffing changes. We are in the interviewing process for a Fellowship Administrator and also receiving applications for an Administrative Assistant. Both are critical hires and we would love the prayers of the body as we seek the Lord on who He has for the Fellowship staff team.
Fellowship Office Hours The Fellowship office is open Monday-Thursday 8:30-4:30 and Friday 8:30-2:00 to serve you.
July 1 – April 17, 2016
Weekly Budget Needs $21,577
Giving for 04/10/16 23,386
Giving for 04/17/16 18,485
Year to Date Needed 904,680
Year to Date Giving 924,973
Over (Under) Budget 20,293