The Palestinian Covenant
Rules of the House
For Sermon Slides, click Here.
Perhaps the most important chapter for understanding the Old Testament
Obedience Brings Blessing (Leviticus 26:1-13).
• Principle: God’s people must obey His commands (25:1-2).
• Particulars: God will bless His people for their obedience (25:3-13).
– Prosperity (4-5)
– Peace (6-8)
– Productivity (9-10)
– Presence (11-13)
Disobedience Brings Discipline (Leviticus 26:14-39).
• Principle: God will discipline His people (26:14-15).
• Particulars: Discipline gets worse if God’s people do not respond (16-39).
– Defeat (16-17)
– Drought (18-20)
– Wild Beasts (21-22)
– Devastation (23-26)
– Deportation (27-39)
Repentance Brings Restoration (Leviticus 25:40-46).
• Principle: Confession of sin results in forgiveness and restoration (26:40-42).
• Particulars: God will graciously forgive His people who humbly confess their sin (43-46).
– Sabbath (43)
– Remnant (44)
– Faithfullness (45-46)
God’s people will be blessed for their obedience,
disciplined for their disobedience,
and restored when they repent,
because God is faithful to His people.
- Monday: Deuteronomy 28:1-14
- Tuesday: Deuteronomy 28:15-48
- Wednesday: Deuteronomy 28:49-68
- Thursday: Deuteronomy 30:1-20
- Friday: Leviticus 27:1-34
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will think of the resources God has granted me as a stewardship, not a right.
- I will interact with others around me based on the principles of God, not capitalism.
- I will anticipate the fulfillment of final jubilee by investing well in the present.
Home Church Questions
- Share three highlights from your summer.
- Share a struggle from your summer.
- Is there anything new in your life that we can be praying about?
- What are some things you are hoping to get out of your time in Home Church during the Fall semester?
Home Church, Fellowship’s small group ministry,is our primary way for the body of Fellowship to connect relationally with God and each other through prayer, study, serving, and sharing life together. Our desire is for everyone who calls Fellowship home to be connected through a Home Church. Stop by the Connection Center or click Here for more info.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift, as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship. You can also send us a message at any time by clicking Here. One of our staff would love to connect with you to help with any questions you have.
Fellowship 101 Whether you’re just checking us out or have been visiting Fellowship for a while, we hope you’ll join us Sunday, September 17, at 9am for Fellowship 101. This is a great way to explore Fellowship, learn about our values, why we do things the way we do, and get answers to any questions you might have (but haven’t been sure who to ask!). Sign up Here or at the Connection Center. Contact Eric Barnes for questions or more information.
FSM Midweek Kickoff Fellowship Student Ministries kicks off MidWeek this Wednesday, August 16. MidWeek is a gathering for 5th-12th grade students that begins with an opening time of worship and fellowship, followed by students connecting with each other in an age/grade small group. FSM meets here at Fellowship, 6:30–8:30pm. For more information, contact Alan Greenwood.
College Students Return This Month College students are returning to Conway throughout the month and we’re excited about the life and energy that this generation brings! As you interact with students, please encourage them to be involved with our College & Young Adult ministry. If you know a student wanting to connect with a church home, you can also direct them to Zach Benton at
Girlfriends Fall Studies Two studies this fall offering a great opportunity to gather with other Fellowship women to grow in your walk with God and in relationship with others. Childcare is provided. Sign up online or visit the Connection Center for more information.
- Becoming a Woman Whose God is Enough | Sept 12 – Oct 31 | Facilitated by Samantha Barnes and Nicole Nabholz | Click Here to sign up
- Precept Study: Acts, Part 1 | Sept 26 – Nov 14 | Facilitated by Mindy Chouinard | Click Here to sign up
Father/Son Fall Campout Dads, mark your calendars for our upcoming Father/Son Campout, September 22–23. This is a great opportunity to engage with your son in an intentional setting, teach life skills, have some fun, and draw closer to the Lord together. Contact Andy Chouinard for questions or more information.
Stay Current On Happenings At Fellowship God has a big agenda for Fellowship this fall and we want to make sure you know about it! Please help us ensure we have your updated contact info by filling out a Connection Card and dropping it in the offering basket or clicking Here to update your info on inFellowship.
Weekly Budget Needs $24,808
Giving for Week Ending 07/30/17 $22,276
Giving for Week Ending 08/06/17 $30,397
Year to Date Needed $134,301
Year to Date Giving $145,071
Over (Under) Budget $10,770