The Church on Mission
Sermon Slides – Click here
Title: The Acts of the Apostles?
• One Messiah
• Two Apostles
• Three Expansions
• Six Panels
• The Continuation of the Mission of Jesus
• The Church as God’s Plan for the World
• The Unhindered Message of the Kingdom of God
• The Power of the Holy Spirit
Living on Mission:
The church of Jesus Christ empowered by the Holy Spirit
is God’s plan to reach the world in this age,
with the message of Christ’s redemption and rule.
Living on Mission
- The Church must embrace it’s role in taking the gospel to the world.
- Every believer has a role in the big story of God. What is yours?
- My ministry (everyone has one) must be Kingdom Centered and Spirit empowered.
This Week’s Growth Guide
God’s Word is both central and critical to your spiritual growth.
We invite you to utilize the Growth Guide during the week to further your application of the Truth from the message.
- Monday – Luke 1:1-4
- Tuesday – Luke 2:8-12
- Wednesday – Luke 5:1-11
- Thursday – Luke 14:25-35
- Friday – Acts 1:1-10
Our Home Churches meet weekly to facilitate quicker relational depth, study the same passage taught Sunday to help apply Scripture in the context of community, and pray with one another. Home Church helps our body seek God’s best for one another.
Home Church questions
• What were some applications you took away from the Psalms series this summer? (We studied Psalm 1, 2, 8, 19, 27, 32, 103, 118, and 139).
• What do you remember about our long, long study of the Gospel of Luke?
• What is the big deal about the Kingdom?
• Have you ever studied through the book of Acts? What do you remember?
• Ken said the church is God’s plan to reach the world? How is the church doing worldwide? How are we doing at Fellowship?
• Do you feel like our church is a church on mission?
• What is your role in the church?
• What difference does the Holy Spirit make in a practical way as you minister?
Discipleship 101 | August 20 | 6:00 p.m.
Join us at our next Discipleship 101 as we take a look at how evangelism and discipleship work together in the life of a follower of Christ. For more information contact Michael Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org. Childcare by RSVP to Shann@conwaycorp.net. Let us know you’re coming, register at fellowshipconway.org/register.
Griefshare | August 30 – November 15 | 6:30 p.m. | Fellowship
GriefShare offers hope and encouragement after the death of a spouse, child, family member, or friend. GriefShare starts August 30 – November 15, 6:30 p.m. at Fellowship (Room 211, 2nd floor). Signup today at the Connection Center. For more information, call Joe Garner at 469-556-8962.
Fellowship Kids Baptism Class | September 9, 16, 23, 30| 2nd Service
If you have a child who has accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior, we would love to have you join us for this next step. We will talk about salvation, baptism, and what it looks like to be a Christian. This will be a class for you and your child to attend together. If you are interested in attending, please, Contact Heather McKinney at email@example.com.
NEXT Kick Off | August 28 | 6:30 p.m. | 3440 Cutter Ridge Rd
The college and young adults ministry at Fellowship (NEXT) kicks-off its fall semester August 28, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday night gatherings are a casual time for college-aged people to gather and seek God together. We will eat, worship together, and engage in discussion-based small groups. Looking for a college-aged community to walk with during the young adult years? Join us. For more info, contact the College & Young Adults pastor: Zach Benton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shoebox Packing Party Countdown | August 23, 27 | 10-2
We are 4 weeks away from our Church-wide packing party! This has been such an easy and fun way for us to get the gospel around the world. In order for the pack to go smoothly, join us August 23 and 27, 10-2:00 p.m. to help prep the items that go in the shoeboxes.
Girlfriends Study of Philippians | Sept 11-Oct 30 | 12:00 p.m. | Fellowship
This study through Philippians is for women seeking encouragement in their Christian walk. Paul’s example of contentment and joy is available to all Christians. Come anytime between 11:30 AM and 1:30 PM (study is 12-1:00). childcare by RSVP to Shanna at Shann@conwaycorp.net.
Father/Son Camp Out | Sept 21-22 |
Fathers and their sons ages 5-12 are invited to the woods on Friday evening and Saturday, Sept 21-22, for the Father/Son Camp Out. Escape the crazy of life and enjoy the quiet of nature for just a little while. Event is free. For questions and/or to register www.fellowshipconway.org/register.
Save the date
• OCC Packing Party – September 17
• Girlfriend’s fall conference – October 19-21
• Men’s Muster – April 12-14, 2019
Click Here if you would like to give a gift.
To make a gift or a commitment to Generations, you can click Here.
Weekly budget 24,519
Giving For 8/05 22,606
GIVING FOR 8/12 17,514
YTD Budget 171,635
YTD Giving 143,211
Over (Under) (28,424)
Total Pledge 1,599,524