By Grace Through Christ
Only One Gospel
For Sermon Slides, click Here.
Introduction to Galatians
Paul’s Message is Legitimate (1:1-2).
• Paul is the preacher commissioned with a gospel message (1:1a).
• Paul’s gospel message is not from human agency (1:1b).
• Paul’s gospel message is revealed from God through Jesus Christ (1:3d).
• Paul’s gospel message is supported by the community of faith (1:2).
Christ’s Death is Sufficient (1:3-5).
• The Gospel is a message of grace and peace (1:3).
• The gospel message is that Christ died for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age according to the plan of God (1:4).
• The Gospel brings glory to God forever (1:5).
Apostasy is a Tragedy (1:6-7a).
• Paul is astounded by their drift (1:6a).
• There is only one true Gospel (1:6b-7a).
Distortion is Inevitable (1:7).
• Confusion is purposeful (1:7b).
• Confusion over the gospel is perversion of the gospel (1:7c).
Passion is Appropriate (1:8-9).
• Paul is astonished (1:6).
• Paul is passionate (1:8).
• Paul is clear (1:9).
The Gospel Truth:
The truth of the gospel of grace
is worthy of passionate protection.
- Monday: Ephesians 1:1-3
- Tuesday: Philippians 1:1-11
- Wednesday: Colossians 1:1-8
- Thursday: 1 Corinthians 1:1-9
- Friday: Galatians 1:10-12
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will learn the gospel well enough to preserve it.
- I will protect the gospel when I hear it perverted.
Home Church Questions
- Read Galatians 1:1-9.
- Is there anything that was new, memorable, or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- How many of us have done a study of Galatians before? What do you remember about this book?
- How well do we know the gospel?
- What are essential elements in the presentation of the gospel?
- What keeps us from sharing the gospel more regularly?
- What prevents us from defending the gospel when it is perverted?
- What biblical truth am I really passionate about?
- What other things am I passionate about? Why?
Whether you’re just checking us out or have been visiting Fellowship for a while, we hope you’ll join us Sunday, September 17, at 9am for Fellowship 101. This is a great way to explore Fellowship, learn about our values, why we do things the way we do, and get answers to any questions you might have (but haven’t been sure who to ask!). Click Here to sign up. Contact Eric Barnes for questions or more information.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift, as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship. You can also send us a message at any time by clicking Here. One of our staff would love to connect with you to help with any questions you have.
Home Church Don’t miss out on the opportunity to connect relationally with God and each other through prayer, study, serving, and sharing life together by being involved in a Home Church, Fellowship’s small group ministry. Our desire is for everyone who calls Fellowship home to be connected through a Home Church. Stop by the Connection Center or click Here for more info on available groups to connect with.
College and Young Adults NEXT: the college & young adults ministry at Fellowship is kicking off the fall semester! NEXT offers college-aged people the opportunity to engage in authentic community with other young adults at Fellowship. NEXT meets every Tuesday, 6:30–8:30pm, at the Benton’s (3440 Cutter Ridge Rd). NEXT gathers for a free meal, fellowship, and a relevant Bible study. Contact Zach Benton for questions or more information.
Father/Son Fall Campout Dads, mark your calendars for our upcoming Father/Son Campout, September 22–23. This is a great opportunity to engage with your son in an intentional setting, teach life skills, have some fun, and draw closer to the Lord together. Cost is $5 per person. Click Here to sign up. Contact Andy Chouinard for more information.
OCC Packing Party Mark your calendars now so that you don’t miss out on our Operation Christmas Child packing party, Monday, September 25, 6–9pm, here at Fellowship. We will need as many hands as possible to help pack 2,400 boxes which will go around the world with the message of the gospel! Childcare provided for kids 5 and under. Please come join us for this exciting, fun, kingdom work!
Girlfriends Ministry Fall Retreat Ladies, this year’s fall retreat is coming up October 13–15 at the 4H Conference Center in Little Rock. The retreat is an amazing opportunity to get away, reconnect with God through worship, teaching, and connect with other Fellowship women. This year’s them is “Fully Alive”. See registration for accommodation options/prices. Price includes hotel and meals. Space is limited so stop by the Connection Center or click Here to sign up. Contact Lesta Eberhard for more information.
Submit a Prayer Request Our staff, elders, and prayer teams would love to be praying for and with you! You can use the Connection Card to submit a prayer request on Sunday morning, or ask for prayer at anytime through the Fellowship App or clicking Here.
Weekly Budget Needs $24,808
Giving for Week Ending 08/13/17 $15,843
Giving for Week Ending 08/20/17 $31,472
Year to Date Needed $180,247
Year to Date Giving $192,386
Over (Under) Budget $12,139