Sabbatical Years and Jubilee Years
YHWH’s Radical Economics
For Sermon Slides, click Here.
The Sabbath Year: God’s people regularly share blessings from the Lord because they belong to Him in the first place (Leviticus 25:1-7).
• Provision: God graciously allows His people to enjoy the abundance of His provisions (25:1-3).
• Stewardship: All of our possessions and provision belong to the Lord (25:4-5).
• Sharing: God instructs His people to share their blessing with one another (25:6-7).
The Jubilee Year: God’s people treat the poor and destitute with respect and compassion because at the end of the age, all God’s people will be released from bondage (Leviticus 25:8-55).
• Announcement: Every fifty years will be a year of release from bondage and restoration of property (25:8-12)
• Application: God’s people must take the initiative to release servants,forgive debts, and restore ownership of land (25:13-55).
– God’s people must be just in their business dealings and not take advantage of others because they know what they own is temporary (25:13-17).
– God’s people must rely on His provision and not their own efforts to experience God’s blessing (25:18-22).
– God’s people must be compassionate and generous with others because they are God’s stewards (25:23-38).
– God’s people must treat the poor and needy with respect and enable them to realize their hope of freedom (25:39-55).
God’s people who experience His rich blessings
must be good stewards of His resources,
sharing with and blessing others as brothers and sisters
in anticipation of our future hope of freedom.
- Monday: Deuteronomy 15:1-11
- Tuesday: Isaiah 61:1-7
- Wednesday: Isaiah 61:8-11
- Thursday: Luke 4:16-21
- Friday: Leviticus 26:1-46
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will think of the resources God has granted me as a stewardship, not a right.
- I will interact with others around me based on the principles of God, not capitalism.
- I will anticipate the fulfillment of final jubilee by investing well in the present.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift, as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship. You can also send us a message at any time by clicking Here. One of our staff would love to connect with you to help with any questions you have.
Home Church Fall Launch Home Church, Fellowship’s small group ministry, kicks off for the fall next Sunday, August 13. We have several groups launching and want to help you find a great Home Church to connect with. Stop by the Connection Center or click Here for more info.
Upcoming Fellowship 101 Class Whether you’re just checking us out or have been visiting Fellowship for a while, we hope you’ll join us Sunday, September 17, at 9am for Fellowship 101. This is a great way to explore Fellowship, learn more about what we value as a church and why we do things the way we do, as well as ask any questions you might have (but haven’t been sure who to ask). Sign up by clicking Here or at the Connection Center.
FSM Midweel Kickoff Fellowship Student Ministries kicks off MidWeek on Wednesday, August 16. MidWeek is a gathering for 5th-12th grade students that begins with an opening time of worship and fellowship, followed by students connecting with each other in an age/grade small group. Meets here at Fellowship, 6:30–8:30pm, in the Venue. For more information, contact Alan Greenwood.
College Students Return This Month College students will be moving in and returning to our town throughout the month. We’re excited about the life and energy that this generation brings to Conway! Please be sure to invite students that you interact with, as Fellowship has a place for them in our College & Young Adult ministry. If you know a student looking to get connected with a church home, you can also direct them to Zach Benton at email@example.com.
Upcoming Girlfriends Fall Studies Mark your calendars for two upcoming studies this fall to gather with other Fellowship women on Tuesday evenings and to grow in your walk with God and in relationship with others. Childcare provided. Sign up starting next week. Click Here for more information.
- Becoming a Woman Whose God is Enough | Sept 12 – Oct 31 | Facilitated by Samantha Barnes and Nicole Nabholz
- Precept Study: Acts, Part 1 | Sept 26 – Nov 14 | Facilitated by Mindy Chouinard
Stay Current On Happenings At Fellowship God has a big agenda for Fellowship this fall and we want to make sure you know about it! Please help us ensure we have your updated contact info by either filling out a Connection Card today and dropping it in the offering basket or by clicking Here to update your info on InFellowship.
Weekly Budget Needs $24,808
Giving for Week Ending 07/23/17 $17,956
Giving for Week Ending 07/30/17 $22,276
Year to Date Needed $109, 562
Year to Date Giving $114,674
Over (Under) Budget $5,112