A Lineage of Grace
For sermon slides, click here.
Rahab’s Desperate Need: A broken life reveals a deep need for salvation. (Joshua 2:1-10)
Rahab’s Unexpected Faith: Life comes through faith in God’s provision. (Joshua 2:11-24)
Rahab’s Redemption: God rescues from destruction and restores to new life. (Joshua 6:17-25)
Conclusion: The First Advent (John 1:14)
The Gospel Truth:
God’s faithfulness is displayed as His redemptive thread of grace
weaves throughout history, rescuing and restoring His people.
- Monday: Joshua 2:1-10
- Tuesday: Joshua 2:11-24
- Wednesday: Joshua 6:17-25
- Thursday: Matthew 1:1-25
- Friday: John 1:1-17
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will take time this week to meditate on the birth of Jesus.
- I will share the story of my rescue and restoration with someone this Christmas season.
- I will help prepare a meal for the Ministry Center Warming Station or consider volunteering to stay the night as a way to serve the homeless population in our community. To sign up for a time slot, click here.
Home Church Questions
- Read Matthew 1:1-6, Joshua 2:8-21, and Joshua 6:17-25.
- Did anyone hear something new, memorable, or meaningful from this week’s passage or message?
- Has your perspective on Advent changed since the beginning of this series?
- Share how you have waited or longed for Christ this week.
- How do you relate to the story of Rahab in your own life? Her life, her faith, her redemption?
- Does this story help you understand the gospel and your need for Jesus Christ? Explain.
- Talk about how God’s faithfulness is displayed through this story and through the arrival of Christ.
- What is something new you’ve learned about the heart of God through Rahab’s story?
For many, the end of the year offers a special opportunity to give back in worship of all God has done for us as we celebrate Advent and the Christmas season. This year, we are collecting a special Christmas Offering which will allow us to further our local impact and fund even more outreach opportunities within our community and across Faulkner County. You can donate to the Christmas Offering fund by clicking Here.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift, as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship. You can also send us a message at any time by clicking Here. One of our staff would love to connect with you to help with any questions you have.
Christmas Eve Services Join us as we gather together as one family and celebrate the birth of our Savior on Christmas Eve with two candlelight services (10:45AM and 6PM) to choose from. Pray for and invite someone who needs to hear about the Greatest Gift this year.
Angel Tree Every year, our Girlfriends Ministry assists local families and ministries through the Fellowship Angel Tree. This year, when you pick up an Angel Tree gift, you will be helping families from New Directions, the Conway Ministry Center, Conway Fire Department’s Boot Drive (benefiting families of Conway Public Schools). Ornaments with requested items are available in the atrium. Please return purchased items, wrapped and labeled by Sunday, December 17.
Fellowship 101 New to Fellowship or been checking us out for while? We love sharing the how and why behind what we do and believe as a church! Join us Sunday morning, January 14 and come learn more about who we are and get answers to any questions. Click Here to sign up or stop by the Connection Center.
Upcoming Spring studies There are several upcoming opportunities to get equipped and grow in your faith in the new year. Starting in January, our men’s and women’s ministries will be offering the below classes. Click on each study below to sign up or learn more.
• Ladies Armor of God Study | Thursdays evenings | January 25 – March 15
• Apologetics Equipping Class | Tuesday evenings | January 9 – March 20
Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace university Would you like to get your finances in order for 2018? Or want to learn more about biblical stewardship but not sure where to start? Join us Mondays, 6:30-8:15PM beginning January 22. Attend the first class for FREE. Click here to sign up or for more information.
Volunteer a Meal and Your Time to help impact our homeless population here in Conway this winter. We are partnering with the Conway Ministry Center as they are setting up a 10-week warming station. As a church, we are going to provide a hot meal and some volunteers to stay the evening with those who need a warm and safe place to stay during the week of January 7–14. For more information, contact Michael Harrison or click here to sign up.
Perspectives on the World Christian Movement Explore God’s heart for all peoples and encounter the momentum of the World Christian Movement through this 15-week class. Monday nights, 6–9PM starting January 15. Click Here or visit class.perspectives.org to sign up or find more information.
Click Here if you would like to give a gift.
Weekly Budget Needs $24,808
Giving for Week Ending 11/26/17 $24,721
Giving for Week Ending 12/03/17 $23,058
Year to Date Needed $551,342
Year to Date Giving $561,037
Over (Under) Budget $ 9,695