The Response to Jesus Coming
Introduction: The Shepherds
Heaven responds to the arrival of Jesus (Luke 2:8-14).
• The angel announces the arrival of the Savior, Messiah and Lord – Jesus (2:8-11).
• The angel gives the shepherds a sign to confirm the message (2:12).
• The angels praise God as the One above all else (2:13-14).
The heavenly response of the angelic host is a glimpse
of the hope we have for the future. Our response is to praise Jesus.
The shepherds respond to the arrival of Jesus (Luke 2:15-20).
• The shepherds seek to confirm the angel’s announcement (2:15-16).
• The shepherds testified to what they had been told (2:17-19).
• The shepherds continued praising God after returning to the daily grind (2:20).
The shepherd’s response is a model of how we are to live today.
Our response is to pursue and proclaim Jesus, the Good News.
Our continued response to Jesus’ arrival
is to praise, pursue, and proclaim
the Savior, Messiah, and Lord
who has come.
- Monday: Luke 1:26-38
- Tuesday: Luke 1:39-56
- Wednesday: Luke 2:21-24
- Thursday: Luke 2:25-35
- Friday: Luke 2:36-40
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will praise God for the provision of Jesus.
- I will proclaim the Good News to someone this week.
- I will grab a yard sign for Fellowship’s Christmas Eve Services and invite people to come.
Home Church Questions
- Read Luke 2:8-20
- What was new or something that stood out from this familiar passage?
- Why do you think God choose shepherds to receive the announcement and witness what may have been the greatest worship service this side of heaven?
- Do you see yourself as a shepherd? How so?
- Remembering when you put your faith in Jesus, describe how you responded and how you felt after putting your faith in Jesus. Has that feeling changed? How so?
- When was the last time you shared the Gospel with a non-believer? If the Gospel is such Good News, why are we keeping it to ourselves?
- In light of the coming of Jesus, how will you live a life of praise, pursuit, and proclamation this week?
- What will you do between now and Christmas to proclaim and keep the Good News front and center in your household?
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Christmas Eve Candlelight Services Saturday, December 24, 5:00 and 7:00 p.m.
Christmas Day Join us as we gather together as one family and celebrate the birth of our Savior. 10:45 a.m. service only.
Fellowship Christmas Offering We only have one chance to make a positive first impression. This Christmas we want to make an investment in our first impression on the campus and on our website. Our Mission is to invite people to enter God’s story, equipping and releasing them to become reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ. The Christmas Offering this year will be used to “upgrade our invitation”.
- Expanded patio space, as well as the purchase of new patio furniture to create a more inviting space that fosters relationships.
- Improved and redesigned church website to better invite those checking us out online before visiting.
- Toys and supplies which are needed for our Kids Ministry to continue to thrive, as well as some new emergency medical equipment for readiness, quick response, and safety of our kids and guests on Sunday morning.
- Additional lighting for our playground, making it more inviting and safer for kids to enjoy throughout the week.
If you are thinking about making an end of the year donation somewhere, please consider investing in Fellowship and the 2016 Christmas Offering. Actual Christmas Offering will be December 18th. You can also give through the Fellowship App and online at Fellowshipconway.org/give.
Fellowship Angel Tree Every year the Girlfriends Ministry assists local ministries through the Fellowship Angel Tree. This year families from the Bethlehem House, Haven House, Women’s Shelter of Central Arkansas, New Directions Ministry (formerly Life After Prison), and Renewal Ranch will benefit from this outreach. Ornaments (with requested items) are available for you to pick from the tree in the Atrium. Please return purchased items, wrapped and labeled, by December 18.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 11/27/16 20,100
Giving for Week Ending 12/04/16 16,712
Year to Date Needed 529,760
Year to Date Giving 532,057
Over (Under) Budget 2,297