The Reason Jesus Came to Earth
Transition: From Daniel 7 to Luke 19
Jesus came to seek the lost and find them where they were (Luke 19:10a).
• Jesus seeks us in the darkness and brings us into the light (Colossians 1:13-14).
• Jesus seeks us in our depravity and reconciles us to God (Romans 5:8-11).
We were lost. Jesus was the one seeking us.
Therefore, we cannot boast before God.
Jesus came to rescue the lost and save them from their helpless state (Luke 19:10b).
• Jesus saves us from death and makes us alive to live forever (Ephesians 2:1-10).
• Jesus saves us from universal condemnation and brings peace (Romans 5:1-2).
We were helpless. Jesus saved us when we were undeserving.
So, we cannot compare ourselves to others.
For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.
- Monday: Romans 3:21-30
- Tuesday: Colossians 1:3-14
- Wednesday: Ephesians 2:1-10
- Thursday: Romans 5:1-8
- Friday: Luke 19:1-10
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will make time each week to remember the central message of Christmas.
- I will recognize that the ground is completely level at the foot of the cross.
- I will continue to pray for Operation Christmas Child.
Home Church Questions
- Read Luke 19:1-10.
- Is there anything that was new, memorable, or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- Share some Christmas traditions that have been helpful to focus you on the central message of Christmas.
- What are some challenges you know you will face this Christmas season?
- What are some real life implications of the fact that we were lost and helpless, and God came to seek and save us?
- Since we cannot boast before God, what can we do in response to Jesus seeking and saving us?
- How do we compare ourselves to others? (Try and be at least a little bit vulnerable.)
- What does it mean that we must not compare ourselves to others?
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Fellowship Christmas Offering We only have one chance to make a positive first impression. This Christmas we want to make an investment in our first impression on the campus and on our website. Our Mission is to invite people to enter God’s story, equipping and releasing them to become reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ. The Christmas Offering this year will be used to “upgrade our invitation”. If you are thinking about making an end of the year donation somewhere, please consider investing in Fellowship and the 2016 Christmas Offering. Actual Christmas Offering will be December 18th. You can also give through the Fellowship App and online at Fellowshipconway.org/give.
Fellowship Angel Tree Every year the Girlfriends Ministry assists local ministries through the Fellowship Angel Tree. This year families from the Bethlehem House, Haven House, Women’s Shelter of Central Arkansas, New Directions Ministry (formerly Life After Prison), and Renewal Ranch will benefit from this outreach. Ornaments (with requested items) will be available beginning Sunday, December 4. Please return purchased items, wrapped and labeled, by December 18.
One Cry at True Holiness Saints Center This Tuesday, December 6th, 6 a.m., several churches from Conway will join together to pray for God to move in our city. Join us!
FSM GO: Missions Fellowship Student Ministries will have two mission trip opportunities this summer – Mission Arlington and the Czech Republic. Mission Arlington (TX) is a regional mission trip for all FSM students June 3-9, 2017. GO: Czech is an international mission trip reserved for students who are mature and ready for the demands of a 16-day trip. GO: Czech will be from June 26 – July 11, 2017. Deadline to register and apply for both trips is January 1. For more information, visit fellowshipconway.org/fsmgomissions or contact Alan Greenwood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nicaragua Evangelism Team Info Meeting TODAY, 12:20 p.m. you are invited to hear how you can be part of the Spring Nicaragua trip.
Christmas Eve Candlelight Services Saturday, December 24, 5:00 and 7:00 p.m.
Christmas Day Join us as we gather together as one family and celebrate the birth of our Savior. 10:45 a.m. service only.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 11/20/16 26,692
Giving for Week Ending 11/27/16 20,375
Year to Date Needed 506,727
Year to Date Giving 515,621
Over (Under) Budget 8,894