The Servant of the Lord
Sermon Slides – Click here
The Servant Songs
The Servant Presented
The Lord predicts the success of His Servant.
• The Servant of the Lord is ____________________ by God (1)
• The Servant of the Lord is _________________________ (2)
• The Servant of the Lord is _________________________ (3)
• The Servant of the Lord is _________________________ (4)
The Servant Commissioned
The Lord promises the empowerment of His Servant.
• Commissioned by the Sovereign Creator (5)
• __________________ and _________________ by the Lord (6a)
• A _________________ for the Jews and a _______________ to the Gentiles (6b)
• _________________ for captives and __________________ for the blind (7)
The Servant Announced
The Lord guarantees glory for Himself.
• The Lord _______________________ His glory (8)
• The Lord _______________________ His plans (9)
Jesus Christ is the Servant of the Lord
and He will fulfill God’s plan
to bring light and freedom to the world.
- I will take 15 minutes alone, and with someone else, to reflect on Jesus as a Servant King who came to suffer for me.
- I will serve someone unexpectedly this week.
This Week’s Growth Guide
God’s Word is both central and critical to your spiritual growth.
We invite you to utilize the Growth Guide during the week to further your application of the Truth from the message.
- Monday – Isaiah 42:1-9
- Tuesday – Isaiah 49:1-13
- Wednesday – Isaiah 50:4-11
- Thursday – Isaiah 52:13-53:12
- Friday – Isaiah 61:1-9
Our Home Churches meet weekly to facilitate quicker relational depth, study the same passage taught Sunday to help apply Scripture in the context of community, and pray with one another.Home Church helps our body seek God’s best for one another.
Home Church Questions
• Read Isaiah 42:1-9.
• Is there anything new, interesting or memorable from today’s message? Is there an immediate application you know you need to make? How can your Home Church support you in your obedience to make this application?
• What are some things you have anticipated with great expectation in the past?
• What is something you have anticipated that was very different, but better than you were expecting?
• Isaiah 42:1-9 is one of the “Servant Songs” of Isaiah. How many ways can you come up with that demonstrate that Jesus really was a servant?
• How can we follow Jesus’ example as a servant? Be very practical and specific.
• What are the benefits of serving others?
2018 Angel Tree
Every year the Girlfriends Ministry assists local ministries through the Fellowship Angel Tree. This year families and individuals from the City of Hope Outreach (CoHO), Renewal Ranch, and The Harbor Home will benefit from this outreach. Ornaments (with requested items) are available in the Atrium. Please return purchased items wrapped (unless otherwise stated) and labeled by Sunday, December 16.
2019 Czech Republic Mission Trip – Pisek
Are you under the age of 35? Would you like to go on a life changing trip? Would you like to help take the gospel to a country with less than 1% of evangelical Christians? If you answered yes to these questions, then the 2019 Písek, Czech Republic Mission Trip is for you! For more information or to sign up for the trip contact Zach Benton –
email@example.com or 870.830.7305.
Conway ministry Center – Volunteer a Meal and Your Time
Fellowship is partnering with the Conway Ministry Center as they run a winter warming station. Volunteers are needed to help provide a hot meal and/or to stay overnight with those who need a warm place to stay during the week of January 6 – 12. Register at www.fellowshipconway.org/register. For more information, contact Michael at
Downline Summit | February 1-2
The Downline Summit is a powerful time of shared insight, equipping and connection. It’s a time for followers of Christ to join together, fanning the flame of disciple making—and to renew their commitment to live out the great commission. If you have any questions contact Michael Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-339-4222. To reserve your spot go to www.fellowshipconway.org/register.
December 23 – 9:00 a.m. & 10:45 a.m.
December 24 – 5:00 p.m. & 7:00 p.m.
Weekly Budget 24,519
Giving For 11/25 22,466
Giving For 12/02 25,117
YTD Budget 563,942
YTD Giving 532,328
Over (under) (31,614)
Total Pledge 1,543,367