Song of Solomon
The Commitment of True Love (3:6-4:15)
The Wedding Procession: She is overwhelmed by his grandeur (3:6-11)
The Wedding Night: He is overwhelmed by her beauty (4:1-15)
• The Beauty of the Beloved (4:1-7)
• The Request of the King (4:8)
• The Love of the Beloved (4:9-11)
• The Purity of the Beloved (4:12-15)
True Love is overwhelmed by the reality and blessing of marital union.
- Monday: Psalm 8
- Tuesday: Genesis 2:4-25
- Wednesday: Proverbs 5
- Thursday: Proverbs 7
- Friday: Song of Solomon 4:16-5:1
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will let me spouse know clearly how much I delight in him/her this week (with no strings attached).
- I will praise God by telling people about one of His attributes each day this week.
Home Church Questions
- Seriously consider if you need to have some important conversations with your spouse about issues raised in the message before you attend Home Church.
- Read Song of Solomon 3:6-4:15
- Discuss the message. Is there anything that stood out as important, new, challenging, or helpful?
- Take a moment to pray for the elder selection process at the church. Pray for the new elders, as well as the elders who have served and are rotating off. Pray that the elders would follow the leadership of Christ.
- How can you keep singing the praises of your spouse (not always verbally) without it getting old?
- What kind of things communicate your adoration of each other without any strings attached?
- What are some creative ideas you have found that communicated love and adoration? (Be careful not to share precious secrets that are between you and your spouse.)
- Where is the line between genuine and sappy?
- Talk about the attributes of God you appreciate.
- Why is it hard to accept that God delights in us. Read Psalm 8.
New to Fellowship? // We’re so glad you’re here today // Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card // Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium // We will give you a welcome gift and answer any questions about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
IFO Conversation Club & Fellowship // Fellowship will provide a meal for IFO Conversation club where Americans and International students gather for a meal and discussion on February 16th, 6:00 p.m. at the Second Baptist Student Center // Main, side, fruit , and dessert are needed // Please bring food by 5:50 p.m. // Contact Miseon at email@example.com or 501-205-9207 // We hope you will stay for dinner while getting to know some of the students.
FSM Missions Silent Auction & Dinner // FSM is raising money for GO: Missions and we need your help and involvement // Here is how you can help: join us on Wednesday, February 24, from 6-8:00 p.m. for a silent auction and dinner that supports over 40 of our mission trip team members on the Mission Arlington and Czech Republic teams // Members of each team will be present to serve and show how you can be a part of what God is doing through FSM Missions.
Men’s Muster // Men, mark your calendars for April 8-10, and join us at the Men’s Muster // Shepherd of the Ozarks will be the setting to relax, recharge, play, fellowship, be challenged, and meet with God // Registration will open February 21.
Fellowship Kids Food Drive // In response to our lesson about God’s provision of manna for His people, our kids collected food for those in need through the Ministry Center // We are excited to announce that they donated 213 food items // It is inspiring to see them putting faith into action.
Girlfriends Ministry Opportunity // If you would like to serve on the women’s conference committee (coming up in October), contact Lesta, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christmas Offering Report // Thank you for helping create a “Better Experience” for people coming to Fellowship! // As a body you gave $36,733 towards the Christmas Offering // New furniture for the Atrium is being ordered and we are working on the details of expanding our parking on the NW part of the property with the city // Thank you for helping make these improvements possible!
July 1 – February 7, 2016
Weekly Budget Needs $21,577
Giving for 01/31/16 23,024
Giving for 02/07/16 16,897
Year to Date Needed 689,080
Year to Date Giving 715,610
Over (Under) Budget 26,530