The Grain Offering
Grateful and Dedicated to the Lord
Introduction: Atonement, Dedication, Fellowship
Ritual: The Regulation of the Grain Offering
• The variety the LORD permits (2:3-16)
• “uncooked…” (2:1-3)
• “cooked in an oven…, on a griddle…, in a pan…” (2:4-10)
• “firstfruits to the LORD” (2:14-16)
• The ingredients the LORD requires
• “Grain” • “Incense”
• “Oil” • “no leaven”
• The ritual the LORD requires
• A memorial portion is burned.
• The most holy part is given to the priests.
• The dedication the LORD receives – “an aroma pleasing to the LORD” (1:2, 9)
Reason: The Revelation of the Grain Offering
• The LORD desires His people to demonstrate their dedication (2:1, 4,14)
• God’s people demonstrate their dedication by paying tribute.
• The tribute can be a portion of their substance.
• The tribute can be a production of their work.
• The LORD accepts a variety of our gifts of dedication (2:4-7, 11-13, 15).
• What He provides can be our gift of dedication (2:1-3).
• What we produce can be our gift of dedication (2:4-10).
• The firstfruits of our harvest can be our gift of dedication (2:14-16).
• The LORD requires that the offering be free of corruption (2:11-12).
• The LORD requires that the offering be faithful to the covenant (2:13).
• The LORD is pleased with the dedication offering (2:2-3, 9-10, 16).
Reality: The Realization of Dedication through the Provision of Jesus Christ
• Using the gifts Jesus gave us to serve the LORD (Ephesians 4:8-10)
• Using the life Jesus gave us to serve the LORD (Romans 12:1-2)
• Using the provision Jesus gives us to serve the LORD (Philippians 4:18)
The LORD accepts with pleasure
whoever comes into His presence,
offering themselves and the best they have
as a token of gratitude for what the LORD Himself provided.
- Monday: Romans 12:1-2
- Tuesday: Ephesians 4:1-10
- Wednesday: Ephesians 4:11-16
- Thursday: Psalm 40
- Friday: Leviticus 3:1-17
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will recognize that my life, substance, and provision is graciously given to me by God.
- I will fully surrender my life, substance, and provision to the Lord.
Home Church Questions
- Read Leviticus 2:1-16.
- Is there anything that was new, memorable, or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- This sounds like a message on stewardship. What parallels do you see between this and being a good steward?
- Fellowship’s Stewardship Values state that a Good Steward will be a:
- What do these values mean?
- How are you doing?
- Are you a regular giver of your time, talent and treasures to the Lord?
- Do we recognize that everything belongs to God anyway including what we have and what we produce? How would that change our attitude about giving and serving?
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
GO: FSM Missions Silent Auction This Wednesday, February 22, 6:00-8:00 p.m. Fellowship Student Ministries will have a silent auction to benefit both of their mission trips (Arlington, TX and Czech Republic). Join us for dinner, which is provided free, and take the opportunity to bid on the many services and items that will be up for auction. Have something you want to donate or any questions? Contact Alan at email@example.com.
Current Serving Opportunities Prayer Team, Men’s Muster Planning Team, Decorating Team, Photography Team, Greeting Team, Connection Center Team. Do you see a place you would like to get connected, or hear more about? Contact Eric Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Girlfriends Gatherings Thursday, February 23, 6:30-8:30 p.m. , #3 West Point (home of Charlotte Strickland). Charlotte will share on the wonders of chalk paint and uses to revive furniture. For more information, contact Char Strickland at email@example.com.
Men’s Muster Mark your calendars for the annual Men’s Muster April 7-9. More details coming soon.
Girlfriends Spring Book Club Grab the book “Present Over Perfect” by Shauna Niequist and join other women as they delve into the book and than get together for a discussion Thursday nights beginning March 2nd through 30th. Lauren Ramoly and Samantha Barnes will facilitate the study. No childcare provided. Sign up at fellowshipconway.org/register/. Questions? Email Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Night of Worship Wednesday, March 1, 6:30 p.m. we will have a special worship service to kick off the season of Lent. Join us as we prepare our hearts together!
Shaped to Serve Explore your unique SHAPE and get practical insight into how you can get started serving in a current ministry area. Go to tinyurl.com/fbc-shape/. Current service opportunities and areas of ministries can be found at tinyurl.com/serve-volunteer through InFellowship.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 02/05/17 23,708
Giving for Week Ending 02/12/17 24,647
Year to Date Needed 760,091
Year to Date Giving 809,396
Over (Under) Budget 49,305