Song of Solomon
The Reality of True Love (5:2-6:3)
The Conflict: Indifference, Absence, and Misunderstanding (5:2-6)
The Resolution: Seeking, Praise, and Reconnection (6:7-6:3)
How to Fight for Your Marriage with Godly Passion:
• Determine that your spouse is not your __________________.
• Become an ________with your spouse against the ________of your marriage.
• Come to grips with your need to be ___________________.
• Do not try to _____________. Try to ___________________.
• __________________ before you _____________________ .
• Never _________________.
• Never tear down or bring up __________ issues that are not relevant.
• ______________ in the middle of your fights – it is unnerving.
• Seek ____________ ground and common __________________.
• Be willing to quickly _________________ and offer grace.
• Determine to _____________ better every time you have a conflict.
• ______________________________ at the right time.
• Get ____________________ when you need it.
• Know how to _______________ a fight for both you and your spouse.
True love is not perfect
but seeks resolution of all
misunderstandings, self-centeredness, and conflicts.
- Monday: James 3:2-12
- Tuesday: James 3:13-18
- Wednesday: James 4:1-8
- Thursday: 1 John 1:5-10
- Friday: Song of Solomon 6:4-8:7
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will have a conversation about how my spouse and I can fight as allies and not enemies.
- I will pray and be humble the next time I am in a conflict.
- I will forgive because I have been forgiven.
Home Church Questions
- Seriously consider if you need to have some important conversations with your spouse about issues raised in the message before you attend Home Church.
- Read Song of Solomon 5:2-6:3.
- Discuss the message. Is there anything that stood out as important, new, challenging, or helpful?
- What are the things that tend to make your conflicts less than productive?
- Why is humility so difficult in the middle of conflict and misunderstanding?
- What would it look like to see your spouse as an ally and not an enemy?
- How do you know a conflict has come to an end?
- What have you learned about conflict resolution that was not even addressed in this message?
- What needs to change in you so that you will fight for your marriage instead of against your spouse?
New to fellowship? // We’re so glad you’re here today // Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card // Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium // We will give you a welcome gift and answer any questions about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Costa Rica Mission Trip Informational Meeting // Informational meeting regarding a mission trip to Costa Rica // The team will be sharing the love of God with the Guarari slum near the city of San Jose in early August // Join us TODAY, 10:20 a.m. (room 210) for more information // Email Loi Booher at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested but cannot attend.
Men’s Muster // Men, mark your calendars for April 8-10, and join us at the Men’s Muster // Shepherd of the Ozarks will be the setting to relax, recharge, play, fellowship, be challenged, and meet with God // Registration at www.fellowshipconway.org/2016muster.
Men’s Saturday Breakfast // Saturday, March 5, 8:00 a.m. // Join the men of Fellowship as we eat, fellowship, and get equipped.
Spring Work Day // March 19, 8-1:00 p.m. lunch provided // Serve alongside your “Fellowship Family” to prepare the campus for everyone who will walk through our doors Easter morning // There are jobs for everyone, every age // Email Shane at email@example.com to reserve a spot.
Crucifixion Dinner // Friday, March 25, 6:30 p.m. // Join us as we participate in Good Friday through the Crucifixion Dinner // Child care provided for ages 6 and under – RSVP to Shann@conwaycorp.net.
April Bible Study /”I’M CURIOUS…” A Biblical Model for Engaging Relationally // April 3, 10, 17 at 10:45 a.m. // A deeper look into the pattern of Jesus’ interactions with individuals to learn how to positively engage with others right where they are // Whether meeting someone new, disciplining someone, working with a colleague, speaking with friends, spouse or family – this model will transform the way you interact with others, and help you increase your relational impact in their lives and yours.
Youth Mission Yard sale // April 2 from 7-1:00 p.m. // FSM will be having a missions yard sale to raise money for both the Mission Arlington & Czech Republic mission trips // Donation of yard sale items are needed and will be accepted from Monday, March 28 – Friday, April 1, during regular office hours and until 8:00 p.m. each night // All money raised at the yard sale will go directly to mission team members.
July 1 – February 21, 2016
Weekly Budget Needs $21,577
Giving for 02/14/16 19,509
Giving for 02/21/16 20,365
Year to Date Needed 732,234
Year to Date Giving 755,485
Over (Under) Budget 23,251