Sowing and Reaping
Do Not Get Tired of Doing Good
Sermon Slides, click here
Christian Ministry: The Church should never have a poor pastor (6:6).
• Lazy Pastors are Poor Pastors.
• Stingy Congregations have Poor Pastors.
Qualified, hard working pastors serving generous churches pleases the Lord.
Christian Investments: Christians should not be surprised by their life (6:7-8).
• Don’t fool yourself (6:7a).
• You can not pull one over on God (6:7b).
• Investing in your sinful nature leads to destruction of life and relationships (6:8a).
• Investing in your sensitivity to the Holy Spirit leads to real life (6:8b).
In the Christian life, you get out exactly what you put in.
Christian Endurance: The Christian life is a long obedience in the same direction (6:9-10).
• Take the long range view of the Christian life (6:9a).
• The rewards of the Christian life will pay off fully in the end (6:9b).
• Love others well every time you get the chance (6:10a).
• Prioritize loving other believers well (6:10b).
Long term investment in loving others will be rewarded.
The Freedom Factor:
Invest consistently and deeply in your spiritual growth,
and the reward will be great in the end.
- Monday: 1 Timothy 5:17-25
- Tuesday: Proverbs 11:18 (Memorize)
- Wednesday: 2 Corinthians 9:6-15
- Thursday: Ephesians 4:25-32
- Friday: Galatians 6:11-18
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will encourage ________________________ (one of my pastors) this week.
- I will invest in my own spiritual growth by making a long term commitment to ___________________________.
Home Church Questions
- Read Galatians 6:6-10.
- Is there anything that was new, memorable, or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- What are creative ways you can bless a pastor from your past?
- What are some creative ways you can bless a current pastor?
- How have you personally learned the lesson of spiritual sowing and reaping (both positively and negatively)?
- What opportunities to do good continually come our way that we should not pass up?
- Why would Paul make the point to be especially generous in doing good to believers?
Fellowship 30th Anniversary Sunday, March 11, we will celebrate 30 years of God moving in Faulkner County through Fellowship Bible Church. We will have one service at 10 AM with everyone together (Nursery – 3 years of age will have childcare provided). We are asking everyone to participate by taking a card and responding to the questions for your household. On the 11th, we will gather them to be put in a time capsule. Come celebrate and dedicate the next 30 years to faithfully following Jesus!
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today! Inside the bulletin, you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift, as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Playtime for Preschoolers Parents, join us on Tuesday, March 6, 9-10:30AM at Share the Love Club and bring your preschooler as we connect and spend time fellowshipping together while our children have playtime fun. Cost is $3 per child. Sign up at Here or stop by the Connection Center.
Men’s Muster Men, mark your calendars for our annual Men’s Muster coming up April 20-21. This is a great opportunity to get refreshed in Creation and spend some time getting sharpened by other men as we engage with each other through God’s Word. Cost is $165 (only $20 due at sign up to reserve your spot). Sign up at Here or stop by the Connection Center.
Nica Pastor Support Each year we take two Mission Trips to Nicaragua to train pastors and church leaders at a Bible Institute (currently in Puerto Cabezas). These pastors and church leaders live in the second poorest country in the Western Hemisphere and simply cannot afford to take a week off to be there. We have an opportunity to bless these pastors by providing for their transportation to the Bible Institute and back home, as well as providing their lunch. The cost for one pastor for a week is $25.00. This is a way you can get involved in one of the legacy Missions at Fellowship without leaving the country. Stop by the table in the Atrium and support a pastor today.
GO: Missions Yard Sale Join in what God is doing around the world by supporting both FSM and Fellowship College students as they raise support for their upcoming mission trips (Mission Arlington and Czech). Two great opportunities coming up to support our students:
• Bring your yard sale items to the church starting Monday, March 5 – Friday, March 9, 8AM – 8:30PM
• Attend the Yard Sale on Saturday, March 10, 7AM – 1PM and come ready to find great deals that are also supporting Fellowship missions!
• For more information or questions, contact Shane Wanamaker.
Worship Team Auditions Fellowship’s worship team is excited to be hosting open auditions. Contact Preston Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions, or if you would like more information.
Current Opportunities to serve There are several opportunities to get plugged into serving in your gifts. Do you see a place you would like to get connected, or hear more about?
• Golden Years Senior Ministry to serve our elderly and seniors // Email Tracey at email@example.com
• Kids Ministry needs several volunteers to serve our kids through Journey to the Cross // Email Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org
• IFO Conversation Club – International Students // Email Miseon at email@example.com
• GO Store – Volunteers needed March 3 // Email Erica at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here if you would like to give a gift.
Weekly Budget Needs 24,808
Giving for Week Ending 02/11/18 18,878
Giving for Week Ending 02/18/18 15,517
Year to Date Needed 823,479
Year to Date Giving 832,062
Over (Under) Budget 8,583
Generations Total 1,587,078
Received to Date 607,368