The Centrality of the Cross
For sermon slides, click Here.
Ancient Highlighting: The opening of the closing says it is important (6:11).
• Eyesight: Large letters used because Paul had eye trouble?
• Emphasis: Large letters used because Paul wanted to emphasize his point.
False Teachers: Legalism leads to hypocrisy (6:12-13).
• False teachers will deny the full value of the cross to avoid persecution (6:12).
• False teachers are always ultimately hypocrites (6:13a).
• False teachers try to exalt themselves at the expense of others (6:13b).
Eventually false teachers will be exposed for who they truly are.
True Teachers: The Centrality of the Cross supersedes everything (6:14-16).
• True teachers boast only in the Cross of Christ (6:14).
• True Teachers keep the “new creation” of God central (6:15).
• Peace and mercy are available for all who embrace the gospel of grace (6:16).
True teachers shed light on the gospel of grace and the production of peace.
Closing Concerns: I’m O.K. and You’re O.K. (6:17-18).
• Paul’s Suffering: I am branded for Jesus (6:17).
• Paul’s Blessing: In the end it is all about grace (6:18).
The Freedom Factor:
True freedom is found in the grace of the gospel
applied by the Holy Spirit
- Monday: Galatians 1
- Tuesday: Galatians 2
- Wednesday: Galatians 3
- Thursday: Galatians 4
- Friday: Galatians 5-6
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will boast in the Cross of Christ this week by ____________________________.
- I will commit myself to always living under grace, empowered by the Spirit, and boasting in the Cross of the Christ.
Home Church Questions
- What from the study of Galatians is lingering with you?
- What from the study of Galatians is demanding change in your own life?
- How has the study of Galatians affected your personal life, thought life, and relationships?
- How have you applied the truths in Galatians practically?
- Think about how the book of Galatians describes freedom. What areas of your life are in need of this freedom?
- What long term transformation are you wanting now that you’ve studied Galatians?
- Which truths found in Galatians are you struggling with understanding or applying? In what areas are you asking the Lord to help you apply these truths?
- What are you hoping God continues to do through the truth revealed to you through this study of Galatians?
Sunday, March 11, we will celebrate 30 years of God moving in
Faulkner County through Fellowship Bible Church. We will have one
service at 10 AM with everyone together (Nursery – 3 years of age will
have childcare provided). We are asking everyone to participate by
taking a card and responding to the questions for your household.
On the 11th, we will gather them to be put in a time capsule. Come
celebrate and dedicate the next 30 years to faithfully following Jesus!
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today! Inside the bulletin, you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift, as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
GO: Missions Yard Sale Join in what God is doing around the world by supporting both FSM and Fellowship College students as they raise support for their upcoming mission trips (Mission Arlington and Czech). Two great opportunities coming up to support our students:
• Bring your yard sale items to the church starting Monday, March 5 – Friday, March 9, 8AM – 8:00PM
• Attend the Yard Sale on Saturday, March 10, 7AM – 1PM and come ready to find great deals that are also supporting Fellowship missions!
• For more information or questions, contact Shane email@example.com.
Playtime for Preschoolers Parents, join us on Tuesday, March 6, 9-10:30AM at Share the Love Club and bring your preschooler as we connect and spend time fellowshipping together while our children have playtime fun. Cost is $3 per child. Sign Here or stop by the Connection Center.
Nica Pastor support Each year we take two Mission Trips to Nicaragua to train pastors and church leaders at a Bible Institute (currently in Puerto Cabezas). These pastors and church leaders live in the second poorest country in the Western Hemisphere and simply cannot afford to take a week off to be there. We have an opportunity to bless these pastors by providing for their transportation to the Bible Institute and back home, as well as providing their lunch. The cost for one pastor for a week is $25.00. This is a way you can get involved in one of the legacy Missions at Fellowship without leaving the country. Stop by the table in the Atrium and support a pastor today.
Men’s Muster Men, mark your calendars for our annual Men’s Muster coming up April 20-21. This is a great opportunity to get refreshed in Creation and spend some time getting sharpened by other men as we engage with each other through God’s Word. We are excited to have Dr. Richard Howe as our guest speaker this year. He will be providing us with tools to defend and share our faith in an ever growing hostile world. Cost is $165 (only $20 due at sign up to reserve your spot). Sign up at Fellowshipconway.org/Register or stop by the Connection Center.
Current Opportunities to Serve There are several opportunities to get plugged into serving in your gifts. Do you see a place you would like to get connected, or hear more about?
• Golden Years Senior Ministry serving our elderly and seniors // Email Tracey at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kids Ministry needs several volunteers to serve our kids through Journey to the Cross // Email Heather at email@example.com
• IFO Conversation Club – International Students // Email Miseon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here if you would like to give a gift.
Weekly Budget Needs 24,808
Giving for Week Ending 02/18/18 15,517
Giving for Week Ending 02/25/18 28,507
Year to Date Needed 844,685
Year to Date Giving 860,569
Over (Under) Budget 15,884
Generations Total 1,585,263
Received to Date 615,301