The Covenant of Faith
The Foundation of the Gospel of Grace
For Sermon Slides, click Here.
Introduction: Rescuing the Gospel in the Reformation (500 Years)
Human Example: A signed contract is binding (3:15)
• Signed contracts are binding.
• Signed contracts are unchangeable.
Divine Precision: The Old Testament points to Christ (3:16)
• The precision of the passages highlights grace.
• The precision of the passages highlights Christ.
Powerful Point: The law does not change God’s promise to Abraham (3:17-18)
• The law came after God’s promise.
• The promise to bless through a person still stands.
• Becoming a child of God comes through Christ, not law.
The Gospel Truth:
God’s promise and plan
has always been to bless the world
through the promise of Christ.
- Monday: Genesis 12:1-9
- Tuesday: Genesis 13:14-18
- Wednesday: Genesis 15:1-21
- Thursday: Genesis 17:1-27
- Friday: Galatians 3:19-25
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will keep my eyes on Jesus who is the fulfillment of God’s plan of redemption.
- I will commit to a study of the Old Testament in some form.
Home Church Questions
- Read Galatians 3:15-18.
- Is there anything that was new, memorable, or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- How many of us have done a study of Galatians before? What do you remember about this book?
- What experience do you have with contracts? Have you ever had trouble with a deal you made with a builder or insurance company? Was the wording of
the contract important?
- Do you “read the fine print”? Do you click the button to “accept” the terms and conditions without reading?
- How important is it to study the precise words of the Old Testament? Does that make it a little more intimidating to get it right?
- Why is it important for us to know the Old Testament well?
- The Old Testament points to Jesus in predictions, prophecies, pictures and patterns. How many of those can you identify?
- The New Testament is our best and only reliable guide to how Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament predictions. Why is this important to keep from “free association”
and how is that often violated?
The 2017 Operation Christmas Child season is quickly approaching! National Collection Week is Nov. 13–20. Volunteers are needed to serve across a range of opportunities including greeting and praying with donors, packing shoeboxes into cartons, loading trucks, and helping to provide snacks and lunch during the week. If you have been looking for an opportunity to serve while sending the gospel around the world, this could be a perfect fit! Click Here to sign up for a time slot and view opportunities.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift, as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship. You can also send us a message at any time by clicking Here. One of our staff would love to connect with you to help with any questions you have.
FSM Student Pack for OCC Fellowship’s students will have the chance to take part in sharing gospel opportunities around the world by packing Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes Wednesday, Oct. 25, 6:30–8:30PM. All students will have a chance to pack their own boxes and be a part of Fellowship’s legacy mission fingerprints with OCC.
Equipping Parents to Leave a Legacy of Faith Parents, don’t miss out on this opportunity to get practical and biblical guidance for leading your family spiritually and leaving a legacy of faith in today’s culture. Join us Saturday, Nov. 4, 9AM–11:30AM. Topics include Discipleship in the Home, Crucial Conversations to Decrease Worry & Increase Coping Skills, and much more. Sign up by clicking Here. Childcare provided. Contact Heather McKinney for questions or more information.
Family Worship Sunday Parents, Sunday, Nov. 5 will be our Family Worship Sunday, offering us the chance to come together before the Lord and model our faith for our children as we worship, pray, and partake of communion as believers of all ages. Contact Heather Fulmer or Heather McKinney for more information.
One Cry Prayer Gathering at Fellowship Tuesday, November 7, believers and area churches from across Conway will be gathering together here at Fellowship from 6–7AM to pray for God to move among the nations.
FSM MIddle School Retreat Coming up Nov. 17–19, Fellowship Student Ministries’ Middle School Fall Retreat offers students the chance to get away and connect relationally with God and each other in an intentional setting. Cost for the weekend is $85. Click Here to sign up.
Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes are available in the atrium for pick up. Please take some of these beautifully wrapped boxes to fill and please share some with your family, neighbors, and co-workers for them to fill as well. The GO Store (807 Court St.) is a great resource for shoebox supplies. Remember our goal for this area is 30,000 shoeboxes and our FBC goal is 6,200! Operation Christmas Child is one of the biggest endeavors we undertake as a church family and we hope everyone gets involved in this opportunity to send the gospel around the world.
Discipleship Resources for Parents Throughout the Week Parents, you can find great equipping resources to use with your kids and family throughout the week on our website and app. You can find our Partnering with Parents by clicking Here, which is a weekly resource offering questions to use with your kids, practical application, and ways to engage your children with the gospel.
Click Here if you would like to give a gift.
Weekly Budget Needs $24,808
Giving for Week Ending 10/08/17 $21,342
Giving for Week Ending 10/15/17 $27,274
Year to Date Needed $378,164
Year to Date Giving $391,570
Over (Under) Budget $13,406