Sermon Slides – Click here
ACTS: THE CHURCH ON MISSION
The Discipline of the Church
The Property Principle
Everything you own belongs to you
and you can do anything you want with it.
The Partner Principle
The plans of a husband and wife
should be carefully considered.
The Problem of the Passage
A disregard for God and your commitments
will be dealt with in the church.
“What made you think of doing such a thing?”
• God doesn’t care?
• God will not notice.
• I’ll take care of it later.
• The rules don’t apply to me.
The Pattern Principle
People who are setting the course and leaders
must live with the highest level of integrity.
Living on Mission:
The church of Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit,
keeps it’s commitments and learns from the life of others.
- Reconsider commitments you have made in the past and make them right.
- What lessons should you learn from looking at the example of others?
This Week’s Growth Guide
God’s Word is both central and critical to your spiritual growth.
We invite you to utilize the Growth Guide during the week to further your application of the Truth from the message.
- Monday – Leviticus 10
- Tuesday – 2 Samuel 6:5-15
- Wednesday – 1 Corinthians 11:17-34 (esp v.30)
- Thursday – James 3:1; Hebrews 11:17
- Friday – Acts 5:12-16
Our Home Churches meet weekly to facilitate quicker relational depth, study the same passage taught Sunday to help apply Scripture in the context of community, and pray with one another. Home Church helps our body seek God’s best for one another.
Home Church Questions
• Read Acts 4:32-5:11.
• Is there anything new, interesting or memorable from today’s message?
• Is there an immediate application you know you need to make? How can your Home Church support you in your obedience to make this
• What kind of “life consequences” have you experienced yourself?
• What kind of “life consequences” have you observed in the lives of others?
• How well do you and your wife plan and execute together? How can this be improved?
• How do you understand the concept of “stewardship”? “Everything belongs to me!” “90% is mine and 10% belongs to God.” “ It all belongs to God and I am supposed to use it to honor Him and bring Him glory.”
• How would each of these look in real life? In your life?
Fellowship 101 | Date: January 27 | 9-10:30 a.m.
Get to know Fellowship better by understanding our mission, values, and ministries. If you have been checking out Fellowship or recently decided to make Fellowship your home, join us Sunday, January 27, 9:00 a.m., in the conference room in the new building during 1st service. Hear about what God is doing and where He is taking us. During the hour and a half, you will get a chance to ask questions, and meet some of our ministry leaders. You can register at fellowshipconway.org/register or contact Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Czech Republic Mission Trip – Pisek
Are you under the age of 35? Would you like to go on a life changing trip? Would you like to help take the gospel to a country with less than 1% of evangelical Christians? If you answered yes to these questions, then the 2019 Písek, Czech Republic Mission Trip is for you! For more information or to sign up for the trip contact Zach Benton –
email@example.com or 870.830.7305.
Girlfriends Spring Bible Study | January 22 – April 16 | 12-1:00 p.m.
Do you want to find out if your understanding of Jesus Christ, salvation, or the Christian life is based on man-made tradition or philosophy rather than on biblical truth? This study of Colossians will help you learn how to discern truth from error in what you read, hear, and watch. This study is free. Purchasing the book for $9 is optional.
Register at www.fellowshipconway.org/register or at the Connection Center.
Downline Summit | February 1-2
The Downline Summit is a powerful time of shared insight, equipping and connection. It’s a time for followers of Christ to join together, fanning the flame of disciple making—and to renew their commitment to live out the great commission. If you have any questions contact Michael Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org or
501-339-4222. To reserve your spot go to www.fellowshipconway.org/register.
Perspectives | January 21-May 13 | 6-9:00 p.m.
God has a “world-sized” role for every Christian in His global purpose. Perspectives is a 15-week course that has equipped thousands of every day believers with greater vision, hope, and passion. The cost is $275 (child care provided) for both Key Reading and Certificate. Go to Perspectives.org for more information or drop by the table in the Atrium this Sunday.
Weekly Budget 24,519
Giving For 12/30 28,011
Giving For 01/06 32,730
YTD Budget 686,538
YTD Giving 680,501
Over (under) ( 6,037)
Total Pledge 1,564,842