Present or Passive (Genesis 3:1-7)
What does it mean to be present?
• God speaks into chaos and creates life.
• Adam was with her.
• Adam was silent.
• Adam does not speak and creates chaos and death.
• Abraham – Genesis 16
• Lot – Genesis 19
• Judah – Genesis 38
Wives: Believe in your husband more than he believes in himself.
Husbands: Be present. Move in and speak.
- Monday: Genesis 16
- Tuesday: Genesis 38
- Wednesday: 1 John 2:15-17
- Thursday: 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
- Friday: Song of Solomon 1
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- Create a “device free time” in your home (i.e. dinner time or after the kids go to bed).
- Wives, pray for your husbands to move in and speak.
- Wives, this week do something to show him that you believe in him more than he believes in himself.
- Husbands, remove “fine” from your vocabulary when your wife asks you a question this week and give her your eyes while you answer.
Home Church Questions
- Read Genesis 3:1-7.
- What stood out to you the most from this week’s message?
- Describe a time when someone’s presence really made an impact on your life.
- How does your spouse show you they are giving you their presence, not just taking up oxygen in the room?
- How do you see this sin pattern established by Adam and Eve in your lives today?
- Husbands, when was a time you remained silent when you could have moved in and spoken? (Don’t wait for the ladies to answer this one on your behalf, fellas.)
- Men, why do we fail to give ourselves fully to those we love the most?
- When was a time you, as a man, “moved in and spoke” and it went well?
- What does men’s silence say about our belief in God?
- Husbands, share an area where you need to reject passivity and silence in your marriage.
New to Fellowship? // We’re so glad you’re here today //Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card // Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium // We will give you a welcome gift and answer your questions.
Guest Reception // Join us for lunch at our Guest Reception TODAY following 2nd service // We’d love to get to know you and let you get to know Fellowship.
The Call // Foster and adoption information meeting Monday, January 18, 6:30 p.m. here at Fellowship // If you have felt that maybe God is calling you to adoption or fostering a child and would like more information, join us // Child care is provided.
Fellowship 101 // New to Fellowship? // Join us Sunday, January 24 (session 1) and January 31 (session 2) 9:00 a.m. in the Library (located on the second floor) // You will learn about our ministries, priorities, and how the Lord is leading at Fellowship.
Downline Men’s and Women’s Discipleship Summit // February 5-6 in Memphis // More information and sign up at FellowshipConway.org/DL-Summit // Deadline Mon, Feb 1.
Coming Soon… Song of Songs Sermon Series Beginning January 24 we will be launching into the study of the Song of Solomon // This often neglected Old Testament book of wisdom has much to teach us about love, sex, marriage and worship.
Fellowship Kids Test Drive // Would you like to learn more about the impact you can make in the lives of our children? // Join us February 7 or 21, for a “test drive” to see what life is like in Fellowship Kids.
OCC Year Round // Check out the latest blog post and the 2015 video posted at www.fellowshipconway.org // Any shoeboxes and extra wrapping paper from Christmas? // We can use both, just drop them by the Connection Center // There will be an interest meeting Monday, February 1, 6-8:00 p.m. for anyone thinking about joining the OCC Team // Contact Dawn with any questions 501-269-0434.
Mens 33 Study Volume 33 // Identify the deep idols of your heart and develop a “Battleplan” built on God’s grace // 6 weeks starting Feb. 9th and 10th // Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. or Wednesday at 5:30 a.m.
July 1 – January 10, 2016
Weekly Budget Needs $21,577
Giving for 01/03/16 36,273
Giving for 01/10/16 34,941
Year to Date Needed 602,772
Year to Date Giving 630,832
Over (Under) Budget 28,060