Your Unique Design
For This Week’s Teaching Slides, click here
Introduction: Context Determines Meaning (1 Corinthians 12-14)
Heading: “A Still More Excellent Way” (1 Corinthians 12:31)
Giftedness Without Love (1 Corinthians 13:1-3)
The Nature Of Love (1 Corinthians 13:4-7)
The Permanence Of Love (1 Corinthians 13:8-13)
Conclusion: “Pursue Love” (1 Corinthians 14:1a)
The church must pursue the incomparable lifestyle of love
because it is only in the context of loving relationships
that all the “SHAPEs” will thrive.
- Monday: 1 Corinthians 12
- Tuesday: 1 Corinthians 13
- Wednesday: 1 Corinthians 14
- Thursday: 1 John 4:7-21
- Friday: Galatians 5:16-26
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will pursue a lifestyle of love by fixing my eyes on Jesus; who is love, freely gave love, and left us an example of love to follow. (cf. 1 John 4:7-21 & 1 Peter 3:21-25).
- I will pursue a lifestyle of love by striving to walk by the Spirit. (Walking by the Spirit is the experience in the Christian life where the believer, with God’s help, is resisting the flesh, and is therefore characterized by a selfless, others-centered attitude (cf. Galatians 5:16-26).)
- I will navigate to www.fellowshipconway.org/serve-volunteer/and take the SHAPE Profile Assessment and use that information to explore how I can use my God-given SHAPE as a tangible expression of love.
Home Church Questions
- Is there anything that was new, memorable, or meaningful from this week’s message? Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- How important is it to study Scripture in its context (ex. 1 Cor. 12-14)? Why?
- How does Paul define love in 1 Cor. 13:4-7? Which description of love means the most for you? Why?
- How does Paul’s definition of love in 1 Cor. 13 differ with how love is typically defined in our culture?
- Listen to the song “Love Is A Verb” by John Mayer. Discuss the message of the song. Do you believe the Apostle Paul would agree with Mr. Mayer’s song? Why or Why not?
- Love may be defined as pursuing the best for another regardless of cost to self. What do you think of this definition? How would this kind of love, if practiced, create unity?
- How should someone go about developing the ability to love others well? How can Jesus be our guide and example in this pursuit?
- Since love is a fruit of the Spirit (cf. Galatians 5:22-25), how can we daily strive to walk by the Spirit and see Him produce this fruit in our lives?
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Souper Bowl Sunday Fellowship is hosting a “Souper Bowl Sunday”, February 5th. We are asking everyone to bring as many “meaty” canned soups as they are able. All food donations will be taken to Bethlehem House to be given to under resourced people in our community. Food can be dropped off at the Connection Center.
Perspectives Experience God’s heart for all people and encounter the World Christian Movement. Discover practical and strategic opportunities to leverage your passions, training, and expertise for His glory. Monday nights, 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. beginning January 23rd. For more information or to register, visit the Perspectives website at www.perspectives.org
Father/Daughter Dance Saturday, February 11, 7-9:00 p.m. Fathers, we invite you to take your daughter (5th – 12th grade) to dinner and then join us here at Fellowship for a night of dancing and fun. Cost is $5 per daughter. Register online by February 3 at Fellowshipconway.org/Register. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Family Sunday: February 5 Our first of four services designed for you and your school aged children (K-12th grade) to worship, pray, sing and experience communion together. Fellowship Kids, birth – pre-school, will still be offered. Contact Heather McKinney with any questions.
Gerdes Drop In Replacement Shower Join us in assisting the Gerdes family by replacing items they lost in a recent house fire. Saturday, January 28, 2-4:00 p.m. here at FBC. The Gerdes’ are registered at Bed, Bath, & Beyond and Target. Questions? Contact Lesta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women’s Spring Bible Study – Sunday is the last day to register! Precept’s Matthew (Ch. 1-13) – The King and the Kingdom of Heaven. 7 weeks beginning January 31. There is a nominal cost for the study guide due at time of registration. For more information see Mindy Chouinard at the Connection Center or contact her email@example.com.
Men’s 33 (Vol 6) Study Beginning February, 7 (6 week study) Tuesday evenings, 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday mornings, 5:30 a.m. Register at Fellowshipconway.org/Register.
Downline Summit February 3-4. Great opportunity for those who want to begin discipleship or get more equipping on living out the Great Commission in their homes and community. For more information, or to sign up at a discounted rate, contact Chris Kear at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IFO Conversation Club Fellowship will be providing meals February 2. Please bring a main, side or dessert to the 2nd Baptist Student Center by 5:50 p.m. Contact Miseon Seong at email@example.com.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 01/08/17 30,388
Giving for Week Ending 01/15/17 29,272
Year to Date Needed 667,959
Year to Date Giving 702,800
Over (Under) Budget 34,841