A Ministry of the People
For Sermon Slides, click Here.
Called: Jesus directs His disciples.
• In uncertain times, look to Jesus to clarify your calling. (v16)
• Disciples live their lives between worship and hesitation. (v17)
Christ knows your heart, continue to follow Him.
Commissioned: Jesus commands His disciples.
• Disciples “get moving” and DISCIPLE the world. (v19a)
• Disciples live and talk with people in such a way that…
• they are invited into God’s story and baptized (v19b)
• they are equipped and released to observe Jesus’ commands (v20a)
Christ has given you the command, now go invest in others.
Empowered: Jesus provides for His disciples.
• Jesus’ universal authority sanctions the mission. (v18)
• Jesus’ universal presence supports the mission. (v20b)
Christ supplies everything you need to fulfill the great commission.
God uses His________ church to do His_______ work.
- Monday: Matthew 4:18-22, 28:16-20
- Tuesday: 2 Timothy 2:1-13
- Wednesday: Mark 8:27-38
- Thursday: Titus 2:1-8
- Friday: Galatians 5:16-18
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will spend some time this week meditating on the Great Commission and ask God to clarify my calling.
- I will pray about whom I need to engage in a discipling relationship.
- I will join others and attend the Downline Summit next week to learn more about biblical discipleship.
Home Church Questions
- Read Matthew 28:16-20.
- Is there anything from this week’s message that you have not heard before?
- What part of the message demands changes in your own life? What is the first step for you?
- What has your experience been with being a disciple of Jesus?
- What emotions or thoughts come to mind when you hear the word “discipleship”? What life experiences shaped these?
- In what ways do you feel like Jesus has equipped you for discipleship?
- What keeps you from discipling others? Or being discipled?
- How have your relationships enriched and shaped your walk with Jesus?
- How would you describe a lifestyle of discipleship?
Get encouraged and equipped for discipleship at the Downline Summit, February 2–3. Two powerful days focused on igniting a restoration of biblical disciple-making in the home, church, and community. This weekend conference will encourage, inspire, and refresh you in order to stay the course and continue investing your life into others for the sake of Christ. You can purchase tickets at www.downlinesummit.com.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift, as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship. You can also send us a message at any time by clicking Here. One of our staff would love to connect with you to help with any questions you have.
FSM Missions Silent Auction Be a part of what God is doing in Fellowship Student Ministries on Wednesday, February 21, 6–8PM. Over 40 FSM students and other team members will take part in raising funds for their mission trips to Mission Arlington and the Czech Republic through a silent auction. The Auction will feature various items that will go directly to help fund mission trip costs. This year, music and entertainment will be provided by Palmer Music Co. and food will be catered by Tacos4Life. For more information and to donate services or assets, contact Shane Wanamaker.
“Souper Bowl” Sunday As we enjoy the Big Game with lots of food and friends, there are many in our community that have little to no food. Fellowship is hosting a “Souper Bowl Sunday” on February 4. We are asking everyone to bring as many “meaty” canned soups as they are able. All food donations will be taken to Bethlehem House to be given to under-resourced people in our community. Food can be dropped off at the Connection Center.
Girlfriends gathering // Career & Christianity Ladies, join with other Fellowship women on Thursday evening, February 8 at 6:30PM for a panel discussion on the intersection of world values with Christian values and the conflict that arises. We’ll engage topics such as using your job as ministry to impact lives, faith in the workplace, handling harassment, and more. Childcare provided. Sign up by clicking Here.
Father & Daughter Barn Dance Dads, we want you to have a special evening with your daughter to model how dating is supposed to be. Saturday, February 24, 7–9PM take this opportunity to invite your daughter (5th – 12th grade) to dinner and then join us here at Fellowship for a night of dancing and fun. Cost is $5 per daughter, $15 maximum. Deadline to sign up is February 11. Register online by clicking Here. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Internet Safety Class for Parents Parents, this class will be a great way to better understand how you can monitor and protect your children in today’s online culture. It’s a must if you have a child that uses a tablet, phone or computer. Class will be held Monday, February 5, 6PM, at Conway Christian’s Gymnasium.
February One Cry Prayer Gathering Tuesday, February 6, believers and area churches from across Conway will be gathering together at City Church (766 S. Harkrider) to pray for God to move in our community, nation, and across the world.
Click Here if you would like to give a gift.
Weekly Budget Needs 24,808
Giving for Week Ending 01/14/18 34,102
Giving for Week Ending 01/21/18 24,917
Year to Date Needed 720,986
Year to Date Giving 749,680
Over (Under) Budget 28,694
Generations Total 1,585,138
Received to Date 593,770