Gathering God’s People
For Teaching Slides, click here.
The Trumpet Call of God: A Biblical Theology
The Festival of Trumpets (Leviticus 23:23-25)
• Gathering: Faithful worshippers gather as a sacred assembly of God’s people (23-24).
• Renewal: Faithful worshippers gather to remember their redemption and renew their commitment to the LORD (25).
Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed—in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. (1 Corinthians 15:51-52)
• Timing: Christ will fulfill the Feast of Trumpets when God’s people are gathered to Him at the end of the age (1 Thess. 4:16-17).
• The Old Testament Feast of Trumpets brought the harvest to a close, and ushered in a new year for God’s people (Lev. 23:23-25).
• Principle: Christ will come with the sound of trumpets to gather His people to Him and celebrate the fullness of God’s blessing (1 Thess. 4:16-17).
• Trumpet blasts signal a time of judgment and bring the harvest of believers to an end (Revelation 8-11).
God calls His people
away from their earthly focus to join the saints in His presence,
where they worship Him wholeheartedly.
- Monday: Numbers 10:1-10
- Tuesday: 1 Corinthians 15:51-57
- Wednesday: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
- Thursday: Leviticus 23:26-32
- Friday: Leviticus 23:33-44
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will recommit to gathering with God’s people on a regular basis.
- I will ready myself for the trumpet call of God.
- Stay Connected with All that God is doing Through Fellowship August is just around the corner, which means lots of opportunities for you and your family to get equipped and connected through our various ministries. If you’re not receiving the weekly Fellowship eNews email with the upcoming events and information for FBC, click here to sign up or to update your contact information. God has a big agenda for Fellowship this fall and we want to make sure you know about it!
- Use Your SHAPE to Serve and Bless Other This Fall As fall ministry kicks off next month, now is a great time to explore ways for you to connect and serve others in ministry through Fellowship or in our community. Click here to learn more about current opportunities to serve. You can also take the SHAPE assessment which is a great resource to help you identify how you can use your gifts, passions, and unique personality to serve others!
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift, as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship. You can also send us a message at any time by clicking here. One of our staff would love to connect with you to help with any questions you have.
Girlfriends Progressive Dinner Great food and even better company – Join other women for a Progressive Dinner, Wednesday, July 26, 6-8:30 p.m. in the Jefferson Place subdivision. Cost is a minimum donation of $2 and will go to benefit the Bethlehem House Ministry. Childcare available upon request. Sign up by clicking here or at the Connection Center. Contact Charlotte Strickland at email@example.com for questions or more information.
Home Church Ministry Fall Launch Home Church, Fellowship’s small group ministry, is our primary way for the body of Fellowship to connect relationally with God and with each other through prayer, study, serving, and sharing life together. Our Home Church ministry will kick off for the fall on Sunday, August 13. We would love to help you find great Home Church. Click here or contact Shane Wanamaker for more information.
Family Sunday Family Sunday offers us the chance to come together before the Lord to worship, pray, and partake of communion as believers of all ages. Our next Family Sunday is coming up on August 6. Contact Heather Fulmer or Heather McKinney for more information.
Serve with Fellowship Kids this Fall Use your gifts to make a difference in a child’s life on Sunday mornings by serving in our Kids Ministry this fall. Beginning August 13, we need volunteers for classroom teachers, hall monitors, sound, and more! Contact Heather Fulmer or Heather McKinney for more information.
IFO Host Families Needed International Friendship Outreach is looking for American families who can welcome and host international students for 1-3 nights, August 10 through 13. This is an incredible opportunity to leave missional fingerprints from right here in Conway. Contact Miseon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-205-9207 to learn more, or if you can host a student.
Fellowship 101 Whether you’re just checking us out, or have been visiting for a while, join us Sunday, September 17, at 9am for Fellowship 101. This is a great way to explore Fellowship, learn more about what we value as a church, why we do things the way we do, as well as ask any questions you might have (but haven’t been sure who to ask). Click here to sign up contact Eric Barnes for more information.
Weekly Budget Needs $24,808
Giving for Week Ending 07/02/17 $20,375
Giving for Week Ending 07/09/17 $37,803
Year to Date Needed $35,342
Year to Date Giving $54,443
Over (Under) Budget $19,101