Looking Forward to the Fulfillment
For Teaching Slides, click here.
Looking Back and Looking Forward
The Festival of Booths (Leviticus 23:33-44)
• Thanksgiving: Faithful worshippers show their gratitude to the Lord by presenting offerings for the bounty He provides (23:33-38).
• Celebration: Faithful worshippers celebrate joyfully as they are thankful (23:39-41).
• Remembrance: Faithful worshippers regularly reenact the foundations of faith (23:42-44).
But when the Jewish Festival of Tabernacles was near…
Therefore Jesus told them,
“My time is not yet here; for you any time will do.
The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify that its works are evil.
You go to the festival. I am not going up to this festival,
because my time has not yet fully come.” (John 7:2, 6-8)
Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem
will go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord Almighty,
and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles. (Zechariah 14:16)
The Fulfillment of Booths (Revelation 20)
• Timing: Christ will fulfill the Feast of Booths when He ushers us joyfully into His presence to worship Him (Zechariah 14:16-19).
• Principle: Christ fulfills all the pictures of the Old Testament festivals in His first and second comings.
God’s people regularly show gratitude for His provision
and joyfully celebrate as they anticipate
the full realization of His promises.
- Monday: Ezekiel 37:24-28
- Tuesday: John 7:1-24
- Wednesday: Micah 4:1-7
- Thursday: Zechariah 14:1-20
- Friday: Leviticus 24:1-23
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will look around and joyfully celebrate God’s current provision.
- I will look ahead and confidently anticipate God’s future fulfillment.
- MOPS, led by moms for moms, exists to connect and encourage mothers of preschool-age children through small groups and other activities, as well as offer a place to explore the practical, emotional, and spiritual sides of mothering young children. MOPS meets here at Fellowship every other Monday morning and will kick off for the fall on September 11. You can also join us August 28 for a meet and greet/playdate here at Fellowship. Contact Heather Fulmer for questions or more information.
- Stay Connected with All that God is doing Through Fellowship August is just around the corner, which means lots of opportunities for you and your family to get equipped and connected through our various ministries. If you’re not receiving the weekly Fellowship eNews email with the upcoming events and information for FBC, click here to sign up or to update your contact information. God has a big agenda for Fellowship this fall and we want to make sure you know about it!
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift, as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship. You can also send us a message at any time by clicking here. One of our staff would love to connect with you to help with any questions you have.
Girlfriends Progressive Dinner Join with other women this Wednesday, July 26, 6-8:30pm, as we enjoy great food and even better company! Cost is a minimum $2 donation to benefit the Bethlehem House Ministry. Childcare available upon request. Sign up by clicking here or at the Connection Center. Contact Charlotte Strickland at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or more information.
Home Church Ministry Fall Launch Home Church, Fellowship’s small group ministry, is our primary way for the body of Fellowship to connect relationally with God and with each other through prayer, study, serving, and sharing life together. Our Home Church ministry will kick off for the fall on Sunday, August 13. We would love to help you find great Home Church. Click here or contact Shane Wanamaker for more information.
Serve with Fellowship Kids this Fall Use your gifts to make a difference in a child’s life on Sunday mornings by serving in our Kids Ministry this fall. Starting August 13, we need volunteers for classroom teachers, hall monitors, sound, and more! Contact Heather Fulmer or Heather McKinney for more information.
Use Your SHAPE to Serve and Bless Other This Fall As fall ministry kicks off next month, now is a great time to explore ways for you to connect and serve others in ministry through Fellowship or in our community. Click here to learn more about current opportunities to serve. You can also take the SHAPE assessment which is a great resource to help you identify how you can use your gifts, passions, and unique personality to serve others!
Christmas in July for OCC Fellowship, we need your voice to help answer the call and to go into our local community to share about Operation Christmas Child. We need you to help tell our community how, when, and why we pack shoeboxes. Please stop by the table in the Atrium today to pick up all of the info you need or to learn more about Fellowship’s ministry through OCC and how you can get involved. Contact Dawn Wilson for questions or more information.
Fellowship 101 Whether you’re just checking us out, or have been visiting for a while, join us Sunday, September 17, at 9am for Fellowship 101. This is a great way to explore Fellowship, learn more about what we value as a church, why we do things the way we do, as well as ask any questions you might have (but haven’t been sure who to ask). Click here to sign up or contact Eric Barnes for more information.
Weekly Budget Needs $24,808
Giving for Week Ending 7/9/17 $37,803
Giving for Week Ending 7/16/17 $19,999
Year to Date Needed $60,082
Year to Date Giving $74,442
Over (Under) Budget $14,360