Looking Forward to the Fulfillment
For Teaching Slides, click here.
Looking Back and Looking Forward
The Festival of Booths (Leviticus 23:33-44)
• Thanksgiving: Faithful worshippers show their gratitude to the Lord by presenting offerings for the bounty He provides (23:33-38).
• Celebration: Faithful worshippers celebrate joyfully as they are thankful (23:39-41).
• Remembrance: Faithful worshippers regularly reenact the foundations of faith (23:42-44).
But when the Jewish Festival of Tabernacles was near…
Therefore Jesus told them,
“My time is not yet here; for you any time will do.
The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify that its works are evil.
You go to the festival. I am not going up to this festival,
because my time has not yet fully come.” (John 7:2, 6-8)
Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem
will go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord Almighty,
and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles. (Zechariah 14:16)
The Fulfillment of Booths (Revelation 20)
• Timing: Christ will fulfill the Feast of Booths when He ushers us joyfully into His presence to worship Him (Zechariah 14:16-19).
• Principle: Christ fulfills all the pictures of the Old Testament festivals in His first and second comings.
God’s people regularly show gratitude for His provision
and joyfully celebrate as they anticipate
the full realization of His promises.
- Monday: Ezekiel 37:24-28
- Tuesday: John 7:1-24
- Wednesday: Micah 4:1-7
- Thursday: Zechariah 14:1-20
- Friday: Leviticus 24:1-23
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will look around and joyfully celebrate God’s current provision.
- I will look ahead and confidently anticipate God’s future fulfillment.
- Serve with Fellowship Kids this Fall Ready to invest in the future of Fellowship? There are so many ways you can use your gifts to make a difference for the next generation by serving in our Kids Ministry on Sunday mornings this fall. Beginning Sunday, August 13, we need volunteers for classroom teachers, hall monitors, sound, behind the scenes help, and more! Contact Heather Fulmer or Heather McKinney for more information.
- Home Church Ministry Fall Launch Home Church, Fellowship’s small group ministry, is our primary way for the body of Fellowship to connect relationally with God and with each other through prayer, study, serving, and sharing life together. Our Home Church ministry will kick off for the fall on Sunday, August 13. We would love to help you find great Home Church. Click here or contact Shane Wanamaker for more information.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift, as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship. You can also send us a message at any time by clicking here. One of our staff would love to connect with you to help with any questions you have.
Family Sunday Next Week Next Sunday, August 6, will be our Family Worship Sunday, which offers us the chance to come together before the Lord to worship, pray, and partake of communion as believers of all ages. Note: we will not have our usual Fellowship Kids and FSM services next week as we will be worshipping together with our families. Contact Heather Fulmer or Heather McKinney for more information.
Christmas in July for OCC Fellowship, we need your voice to help answer the call and to go into our local community to share about Operation Christmas Child and why we pack shoeboxes. With National Collection Week only a few months away, now is a great time to help stock up on box items during the Arkansas sales tax holiday next weekend, August 5–6. This is a great time to stretch your shopping dollars further not only for your family but for your OCC Shoeboxes. Contact Dawn Wilson for questions or more information.
FSM Kickoff Fellowship Student Ministries kicks off MidWeek on Wednesday, August 16, 6:30–8:30 p.m. in the Venue. MidWeek is a gathering for 5th-12th grade students that begins with an opening time of worship and fellowship, followed by students connecting with each other in an age/grade small group. For more information, contact Alan Greenwood.
MOPS Ministry Launch Led by moms for moms, MOPS exists to connect and encourage mothers of preschool-age children through small groups and other activities, as well as offer a place to explore the practical, emotional, and spiritual sides of mothering young children. MOPS meets here at Fellowship every other Monday morning and will kick off for the fall on September 11. You can also join us August 28 for a meet and greet/playdate here at Fellowship. Contact Heather Fulmer for questions or more information.
Fellowship 101 Whether you’re just checking us out, or have been visiting for a while, join us Sunday, September 17, at 9am for Fellowship 101. This is a great way to explore Fellowship, learn more about what we value as a church, why we do things the way we do, as well as ask any questions you might have (but haven’t been sure who to ask). Click here to sign up or contact Eric Barnes for more information.
Stay Connected with All that God is doing Through Fellowship August is just around the corner, which means lots of opportunities for you and your family to get equipped and connected through our various ministries. If you’re not receiving the weekly Fellowship eNews email with the upcoming events and information for FBC, click here to sign up or to update your contact information. God has a big agenda for Fellowship this fall and we want to make sure you know about it!
Weekly Budget Needs $24,808
Giving for Week Ending 07/16/17 $19,999
Giving for Week Ending 07/23/17 $
Year to Date Needed $
Year to Date Giving $
Over (Under) Budget $