Playing God with Your Future James 4:13-5:6
Confronting Self-sufficiency (4:13,16)
• My Time
• My Place
• My Plan
• My Profit
• My Accomplishment
Correcting Self-sufficiency (4:14-15,17)
• God’s knowledge
• God’s plan
• God’s will
• God’s rules
Condemning Self-indulgence (5:1-6)
• Judgment to come
• Dumpsters filled
• Injustice exposed
• Self-indulgence revealed
In the midst of trials
stop acting like you are God
by planning your future without Him.
Trust God and live by His principles of justice and equity.
- Monday: Psalm 90
- Tuesday: Ecclesiastes 2:1-11
- Wednesday: Ecclesiastes 2:17-26
- Thursday: Matthew 6:25-34
- Friday: James 5:7-12
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will work hard and plan well with God’s will and sovereignty as a guiding force.
- I will treat people the way I want to be treated.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
IFO Host Families needed The nations are coming to Conway campuses and we need host families to house them for 1 or 2 nights. Students will arrive August 5/6 and need transportation to UCA August 7. Contact Miseon at email@example.com or 501-205-9207 by August 3rd.
Home Church-All About Relationships Home Church, Fellowship’s small group ministry, will launch the week of August 21st. If you would like to join with others in community to see God accomplish His purpose in your life, we invite you to join a group between the week of August 14th & September 11th. The purpose of Home Church is to develop relationships through meeting weekly in homes, studying the passage taught Sunday morning, and praying together.
Nicaragua Mission Trip Join the legacy this Fall as we take a team of 10-12 to equip pastors and share Christ in surrounding communities of Puerto Cabezas. Call or text Tommy Walker, team leader, at 501-472-7525. Dates of the trip are October 8-15.
Fellowship Student Ministries
• FSM Midweek Kickoff – Fellowship Student Ministries kicks off MidWeek on Wednesday, August 24, 6:30-8:30 p.m. in the Venue. MidWeek is a gathering for 5th-12th grade students that begins with an opening time of worship and fellowship, then each student is connected to an age/grade small group. For more information, contact Alan Greenwood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Unite – Each year, Conway student ministries unite for a night of worship to kick off the new school year. This year, UNITE will be at First Baptist Church Wednesday, August 17, 6-8 p.m. Be a part of the city-wide kickoff event as we seek what God wants to do on our school campuses.
Fellowship College and Young Adults A new ministry for anyone 18-25 is launching at Fellowship in August! It is called Fellowship College & Young Adults. The desire of this new ministry is to provide a space for people in this life stage to connect with one another and God. This new ministry will be led by our new College & Young Adults Pastor, Zach Benton. If you would like more information send an email to email@example.com and watch the bulletin.
Fellowship Summer Mission Trips
Pray for the teams and their families this summer.
• Costa Rica – July 30 – August 7
• Fellowship Kids Fall Kick Off – August 14
• Home Church Launch – August 21
• FSM Midweek Kick Off – August 24
• Men’s 33 Study Vol. 5 – Sept 13 – October 18
• Girlfriends Fall Bible Study – Sept 13 – Nov. 15
• Father/Son Camp Out – Sept 23/24
• OCC Special FBC Packing Party – Sept 26
• Nicaragua Fall Mission Trip – October 8-15
• Women of Faith Video Conference – October 21, 22
• OCC Collection Week – November 14-21
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for week ending 07/17/16 15,998
Giving for week ending 07/24/16 27,693
Year to Date Needed 92,132
Year to Date Giving 79,167
Over (Under) Budget (12,965)