The Last Supper (Luke 22:7-20)
Preparation for the Passover Meal: (21:7-13)
- Jesus, the true fulfillment of the Passover, intentionally ate the Passover meal with His disciples to refocus it from past to present.
- The Feast of Unleavened Bread (22:7a)
- The Passover Lamb (22:7b)
- The Upper Room (22:8-12)
- The Perfect Fulfillment (22:13)
Institution of the Lord’s Supper: (21:14-20)
- The Lord’s Supper is a communal meal that looks ahead to the return of Christ and looks back at the redemption of Christ.
- The Lord’s Supper is a communal meal. (22:14)
- The Lord’s Supper is a prophetic meal. (22:15-18)
- The Lord’s Supper is a memorial meal. (22:19-20)
The Lord’s Supper is the Covenant Sign of our Redemption in Christ.
- Monday: Psalm 113-114
- Tuesday: Psalm 115-116
- Wednesday: Psalm 116-117
- Thursday: Psalm 118
- Friday: Luke 22:21-38
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will remember well today as I commune with God because of what Jesus did for me.
- I will meditate/muse/contemplate for fifteen minutes this week on my hope of eating with Christ in the Kingdom.
Home church questions
- Read the Passage
- Review the Message
- How often would you like to celebrate the Lord’s Supper?
- Explain each of the following descriptions: “Lord’s Supper,” “Communion,” “Eucharist.”
- Circumcision is the sign of the Abrahamic Covenant. Sabbath is the sign of the Mosaic Covenant. Communion is the sign of the New Covenant. What does that mean, and why is it important?
- What is most meaningful about the Lord’s Supper to you?
- If anybody in the group was a part of a church that celebrated the Lord’s Supper weekly, what was that like?
- How can we keep the Lord’s Supper from being an empty ritual?
- Why is it important to remember the Lord and proclaim His death regularly?
New to Fellowship?
We’re so glad you’re with us today // Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card // Please fill it out and bring to the Connection Center in the church atrium after the service and we will give you a welcome gift as well as answer any questions you might have.
Sunday, June 14, in between services // If you would like to be a part of the landscaping team, join us!
MEN’S 33 BIBLE STUDY
Wednesdays, 5:30 a.m. or 8:00 p.m. beginning June 17 // 33 Volume 1, A Man & His Design, Room #210.
Fellowship Kids Camp
July 13-17 // This year we will be using the OCC Curriculum, “The Greatest Journey” // For children entering 1st – 5th grades // For more information go to fellowshipconway.org/2015-kids-camp.
Join us for lunch at our Guest Reception after 2nd service on Sunday, July 19 // We’d love to get to know you and let you get to know Fellowship // Join us as Teaching Pastor Ken Wilson shares the mission and vision of Fellowship.
New to Fellowship? Join us Sunday, July 26 (session 1) and August 2 (session 2) 9:00 a.m. in the Library (located on the second floor). You will learn about our ministries, priorities and how the Lord is leading at Fellowship.
Automate the important
Will you try automating your giving to the ministry of Fellowship for 90 days this summer? // For more information or to sign up Fellowshipconway.org/important.
Conway Downline Institute
It is our desire to equip Christ followers with a clear biblical understanding of the Great Commission and release them into their homes, church, and community to MAKE DISCIPLES as a lifestyle for a lifetime // Next year’s Downline Institute will run mid-August through mid-May // For more information or register at DownlineConway.com.
2016 Men’s Muster
Men, mark your calendars for the 2016 Men’s Muster – April 8- April 10, 2016.
Fellowship Finances July 1 – June 7, 2015
- Weekly Budget Needs – $19,538
- Giving for 05/31/15 – $22,760
- Giving for 06/07/15 – $23,055
- Year to Date Needed – $57,362
- Year to Date Giving – $1,064,748
- Over (Under) Budget – $107, 386