Kiss the King
Sermon Slides – Click here
I. FOOLISH PLANS:
It is futile to rebel against the Lord’s authority and King (2:1-3).
• Rebellion against the Lord is futile (1).
• Rebellion is obvious and inevitable (2-3).
II. SOVEREIGN DECREE:
God rejects the rebellious and installs His King (2:4-6).
• The Lord mocks their futile plan (4).
• The Lord ends their rebellion by powerfully installing His King (5-6).
III. CERTAIN FULFILLMENT:
The divinely chosen King will rule with absolute power (2:7-9).
• The elected King will rule by divine decree (7).
• The King will establish His dominion over all the earth (8-9).
IV. WISE ADVICE:
Take refuge from the judgment of the King by submitting to Him (2:10-12).
• Everyone—especially powerful rulers—must make prudent decisions (10).
• The only wise path is to fully worship the Lord (11-12).
THE WISE PATH THAT LEADS TO BLESSING
IS WORSHIPFUL SUBMISSION TO THE AUTHORITY OF MESSIAH,
BECAUSE GOD HAS DECREED THAT HE WILL PUT DOWN ALL REBELLION
AND RULE THE WORLD.
- I will commit myself to regular time in God’s Word.
- I will evaluate my community and make decisions to assure I am being influenced in the right way.
This Week’s Growth Guide
God’s Word is both central and critical to your spiritual growth.
We invite you to utilize the Growth Guide during the week to further your application of the Truth from the message.
- Monday – Psalm 2
- Tuesday – 2 Samuel 7:1-17
- Wednesday – Phillippians 2:1-11
- Thursday – Revelation 19:11-16
- Friday – Psalm 8
Missions Prayer Focus
Czech Trip: pray for our students to be lights in a dark place, to build relationships of influence, and for Czech students to have hearts responsive to the gospel.
• Girlfriends Gathering | July 19 | 6:00 p.m. | Topic: Parenting
A panel of women will be facilitating a discussion on parenting. Join us for an engaging evening where you will glean from the wisdom of other moms and be able to ask questions. Sign-ups begin at the Connection Center Sunday, July 1.
• Girlfriends Progressive Dinner | July 26 | 6:30 p.m.
Our annual gathering where we rotate homes in Jefferson Place subdivision while eating good food (appetizers, main meal, and dessert followed by swimming) in great company. Child care by RSVP email@example.com. Tickets ($2) will be available at the Connection Center July 8-22.
Fellowship Student Ministries
• High School (9th-12th) – Grill & Chill at Alan’s – July 19, 6:30-8:30 p.m. All current High Schoolers are invited to join Alan and Shyanne at their house (2510 Apple Blossom Lane). We will be grilling hamburgers and playing games. Hope to see you there!
• Middle School (5th-8th) – Kickball at Laurel Park – July 18, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Join us for a night of bonding through sports at Laurel Park. We look forward to seeing you.
NEXT – College and Young Adults | July 15 | 6:30-8:30p.m.
Summer Hangs – NEXT would like to invite any 17-25 year olds to a Summer hangout at the benton’s house. This is an informal gathering for students entering college or current NEXT people looking to connect in community over the summer. additionally at this gathering, we will be sharing stories from the Czech Republic mission trip! For Directions, Contact Zach BEnton, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fellowship partners with Downline Ministry to equip our people to make disciples. Fellowship has had 39 go through the Downline Institute here in Conway over the last 4 years. Downline is now taking applications for next year’s class that kicks off in August. Apply now while space in next year’s class remains. Get more info or apply at DownlineConway.com/apply.
Perspectives | Aug 21- Nov 21 | 6:00 p.m. | Woodland Heights
God has a “world sized” role for every Christian in His global purposes. Whether people go to distant countries or stay at home is a secondary issue. The primary issue is what most people are hungry to discover: vision to live a life of purpose. Discovering that vision makes this course valuable, and perhaps crucial, for any Christian. Perspectives is a 15 week course designed around four vantage points or “perspectives” – Biblical, Historical, Cultural, and Strategic. Each one highlights different aspects of God’s global purpose. Perspectives will meet Tuesdays beginning August 21 from 6-9:00 p.m. The cost is $270. If you register and pay by August 1 you will receive the early bird special of $245. Free child care.
The GO Store
The Go Store is a great place to serve for all ages and abilities. you, your family, or a small group can serve once, monthly, or even become a regular volunteer. we would love to talk to you about options and ways to be involved! Contact Erica Cason at 870-391- 1514 for more information.
Click Here if you would like to give a gift.
To make a gift or a commitment to Generations, you can click Here.
Weekly budget 24,808
Giving For 6/10 23,840
Giving For 6/17 24,548
YTD Budget 1,240,521
YTD Giving 1,216,886
Over (under) (23,635)
Total Pledge 1,546,844