Anger: Sources and Solutions James 4:1-10
You’re fighting because your passions are all wrong (4:1-3).
• The problem is deeper than you think (4:1).
• The problem is worse than you think (4:2).
• The problem is more complicated than you think (4:3).
You’re angry because you have embraced the values of the world (4:4-6).
• The choices are mutually exclusive (4:4).
• The resource of the Holy Spirit is sufficient (4:5).
• The path of humility is the only option (4:6).
Humbly draw near to God and embrace His values (4:7-10).
• It’s simple: submit to God and resist the devil (4:7).
• It works: God will draw near and the devil will flee (4:7-8a).
• It’s hard work: repentance is the first step (4:8b-9).
• It pays off: God will lift you up (4:10).
In the midst of trials, you’re angry and fighting because you are worldly.
Humbly draw near to God and allow Him to exalt you in His time.
- Monday: Proverbs 3:33-35
- Tuesday: 1 Peter 5:5-11
- Wednesday: 1 John 2:15-17
- Thursday: Matthew 6:19-24
- Friday: James 4:11-12
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will examine my own personal priorities. Have I embraced the values of the world? Am I at odds with people? Do others see me as humble?
- I will humbly repent of my friendship with the world and draw near to God.
- I will patiently wait (even if it means waiting for heaven) and allow God to lift me up in His time.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Easy Giving for Faithful stewardship Your faithful giving opens doors for the Gospel locally and around the world. Please consider using one of our electronic options to continue supporting the work and ministry of Fellowship during the summer. Stop by the Connection Center or go to www.fellowshipconway.org/give to sign up. To sign-up for EFT (no fees for you or Fellowship) email Lesta, our financial bookkeeper, at email@example.com.
Fall Nicaragua Info Meeting Sunday, July 17, following 2nd service. Fellowship’s Legacy continues this Fall as we send a team to Puerto Cabezas, October 8-15. We will have teams doing community outreach as well as teaching English in a Christian school. Interested in being part of the legacy? For more information, contact Nicaragua team leader, Tommy Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NICARAGUA FUND RAISER You can help provide meals at the Nicaragua Bible Institute. Grab a “utensil” from the table at the Connection Center TODAY and make a donation to help pay for a concrete slab in the outdoor kitchen at the Bible Institute.
SUMMER BOOK CLUB “For the Love” by Jen Hatmaker, 3-week book club (July 7, 14, 21) at the home of Jordan Mays, 3155 Cleburne Cove. Sign up at the Connection Center or at Jkray6490@gmail.com.
PROGRESSIVE DINNER Ready to make some memories as we go from house to house enjoying good food and great company? The Girlfriends ministry is doing a progressive dinner, Tuesday, July 26 from 6:30-9:00 p.m. beginning at #3 West Point (home of Char Strickland). More details to come.
IFO Hosting this Summer We are looking for American families who can be friends for students from Nepal and Japan and for families who can host Hendrix International students for one night on July 9th. Families who are interested can contact Miseon at email@example.com or 501-205-9207.
Child Care Opportunity We are preparing for childcare needs for Fellowship events that start in August and are in need of adults who love enriching kids lives. Fellowship will have interviews July 7, 8, and 10 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the atrium. Please contact our childcare coordinator Shanna at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a paid position.
Fellowship Summer Mission Trips
Pray for the teams and their families this summer.
• Czech – June 27- July 12
• Costa Rica – July 30 – August 7
• Home Church Launch – August 13
• Fellowship Kids Fall Kick Off – August 14
• FSM Midweek Kick Off – August 24
• Girlfriends Fall Bible Study – Sept 13 – Nov. 15
• Men’s 33 Study Vol. 5 – Sept 13 – October 18
• OCC Special FBC Packing Party – Sept 26
• Nicaragua Fall Mission Trip – October 8-15
• Women of Faith Video Conference- October 21, 22
• OCC Collection Week – November 14-21
July 1 – June 19, 2016
Weekly Budget Needs $21,577
Giving for 06/12/16 15,242
Giving for 06/19/16 23,396
Year to Date Needed 1,098,873
Year to Date Giving 1,103,767
Over (Under) Budget 4,894