ACTS: THE CHURCH ON MISSION
The Scattering of the Church on Mission
Sermon Slides – Click here
The Scattered Church
God sovereignly uses every situation
to assist His people in accomplishing His purpose.
Four Mechanisms of Missions (Perspectives)
• Obedience: “Voluntary Go”
• Persecution: “Involuntary Go”
• Attraction: “Voluntary Come”
• Refugees: “Involuntary Come”
The Witnessing Church
The faithful church provides a witness
to the gospel of Christ wherever they go.
• Word: The gospel spreads when the Word is preached.
• Christ: The gospel flourishes when Christ is proclaimed.
• Validation: The gospel is powerful when it comes with word and deeds.
• Joy: The gospel is transformative when it spreads.
Living on Mission:
The church of Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit,
transforms communities when the good news about Christ is shared
wherever Christians find themselves.
- Determine that you will know how to share the gospel clearly, accurately, and with passion before Easter.
- Seriously consider taking the Perspectives on the World Christian Movement Class at Fellowship in the Fall.
This Week’s Growth Guide
God’s Word is both central and critical to your spiritual growth.
We invite you to utilize the Growth Guide during the week to further your application of the Truth from the message.
- Monday – Acts 1:1-11
- Tuesday – Voluntary Going – Genesis 12:1-9
- Wednesday – Involuntary Going – Genesis 37:12-36
- Thursday – Voluntary Come – John 12:20-36
- Friday – Involuntary Come – Matthew 27:54
Our Home Churches meet weekly to facilitate quicker relational depth, study the same passage taught Sunday to help apply Scripture in the context of community, and pray with one another. Home Church helps our body seek God’s best for one another.
Home Church Questions
• Read Acts 8:1-8.
• Is there anything new, interesting or memorable from today’s message?
• Is there an immediate application you know you need to make? How can your Home Church support you in your obedience to make this application?
• What are the essential elements in any gospel presentation?
• How does your story fit into presenting the gospel?
• How are you personally involved in getting the gospel to the ends of the earth?
• What do you know about the “Perspectives on the World Christian Movement Class? Has anyone attended? Perhaps your Home Church should attend together in the fall. What do you think?
• What does your group know about new things happening to get the gospel to the ends of the earth? What do you think about mobilizing others around the world to go?
Men’s Muster | April 12-14 | Shepherd of the ozarks
Sunday March 10 is the last day for the early registration price of
$150 for adults, $75 for boys 17 & under.
After March 11 $165 for adults, $85 for boys 17 & under. Registration Deadline is April 1.
This is a great opportunity to spend some time being sharpened by other men and refreshed by God as you enjoy the amazing setting in His creation at Shepherd of the Ozarks. Dr. Richard Howe, guest speaker from Southern Evangelical Seminary will help us wrestle with faith through doubts that Satan and the world might throw at us.
For more information and to register go to fellowshipconway.org/register.
Fellowship Missions Yard Sale | March 30
Donate, Shop, Support! As you are going through your items you no longer need, we would love to take them off your hands! Donations to the yard sale will be accepted March 24 – March 29. The yard sale will take place March 30, 7-1:00 p.m. here at Fellowship. All proceeds from the yard sale will benefit our students going on summer mission trips to Arlington, Texas, and Czech Republic.
Fellowship 101 | April 7
Get to know Fellowship better by understanding our mission, values, and ministries. If you have been checking out Fellowship or recently decided to make Fellowship your home, join us Sunday, April 7, 9:00 a.m., in the conference room (new building) during 1st service, to hear about what God is doing and where He is taking us. During the hour and a half, you will get a chance to ask questions and meet some of our ministry leaders. Register at fellowshipconway.org/register or contact Michael at email@example.com.
Fall Nicaragua Medical Mission Trip | October 12-19
This fall Fellowship will be taking a medical team to Puerto Cabezas (Bilwi), Nicaragua to provide medical care and share the gospel in two local churches. We are gathering a team of Medical Professionals, Dentists, Nurses, Pharmacists, support people, and those who would love to share the gospel in the context of one of the neediest neighborhoods in the Western Hemisphere. If you are interested in being a part of this team please contact Ken Wilson for more information (501-269-3444).
Feed the Need | April 7 | 11-3:00 p.m.
Feed the Need is a one day event where churches, organizations, and families across Faulkner County come together and shop for the impoverished in our community.
There are two ways to serve on this day:
1. Be a Shopper – Grab a shopping list that day, go to the Walmart Neighborhood Market (or any participating location), purchase food and drop it off at the at the semi-trailer in that parking lot. It’s that easy!
2. Volunteer at our Adopted Location – We need 20 volunteers to serve on April 7th. Fellowship has adopted the Walmart Neighborhood Market on Prince St. Jobs will range from packing and loading boxes to passing out shopping lists at the door. For registeration information contact Michael Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tacos4Life Mobile Pack | March 28-30 | Conway Expo Center
Let’s join Tacos 4 Life and FMSC as they offer volunteers/students a one-of-a-kind experience. Through volunteering with FMSC, you’ll get the chance to impact hundreds of kids in just two hours per packing shift. To sign up for a date/time go to give.fmsc.org.
Weekly Budget 24,519
Giving For 02/24 29,406
Giving For 03/03 24,662
YTD Budget 882,692
YTD Giving 882,830
Over (under) (138)
Total Pledge 1,570,592