The Guilt or Reparation Offering
Evidence of True Repentance
For This Week’s Teaching Slides, click here.
Introduction: Sins that Defraud God and Damage Others
Making Matters Right When God is Defrauded (5:14-19)
• Certain: Defrauding God of what rightfully belongs to Him (5:14-16).
• The Lord is unintentionally defrauded (4:15a).
• A sacrifice is required (4:15b).
• Restitution of 120% must be paid (4:16).
• Uncertain: Defrauding God of what rightfully belongs to Him (5:17-19).
• The LORD is defrauded and you are not sure (4:17).
• A sacrifice is required (4:18).
• Example: Robbing God of Tithes and Offering (Malachi 3:6-12).
• Example: Robbing God of Worship (Leviticus 14:1-12).
• Example: Robbing God of Service (Numbers 6:1-12).
Making Matters Right When Men are Defrauded (6:1-7)
• Deception: Defrauding others of what rightfully belongs to them (6:1-3).
• Conscience: The worshipper is aware and feels guilty of his sin (6:4).
• Sacrilege: The worshipper defrauded God by taking an oath (6:5a).
• Restitution: The worshipper must make restitution before he sacrifices (6:5b).
• Sacrifice: The worshipper must offer a sacrifice for his sin (6:6).
• Atonement: The worshipper is forgiven and reconciled to God (6:7).
• Example: Samuel was willing to make restitution (1 Samuel 12:1-3).
• Example: Zacchaeus made things right with those he defrauded (Luke 19:1-10).
• Example: Employers not paying a fair wage gets God’s attention (James 5:4).
Two Additional Issues
• Confession: The worshipper must confess his sin (Numbers 5:6-8).
• Crime: The worshipper who is caught must pay 200% (Exodus 22:7-9).
Reality: The Realization of Reparation Through the Provision of Jesus Christ
• Jesus is our reparation offering to God (Isaiah 53:10).
• Making things right with God demonstrates true repentance.
• Making things right with others demonstrates true repentance.
Anyone who defrauds God or his neighbor
by causing damage that can be repaired,
shows evidence of true repentance
when they make matters right.
- Monday: Isaiah 53
- Tuesday: Luke 19:1-10
- Wednesday: Matthew 5:23-26
- Thursday: Malachi 3:6-12
- Friday: Leviticus 6:8-7:38
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will make amends with God in the area where I have robbed Him of what is due.
- I will make amends with my friends and neighbors where I have defrauded them.
Home Church Questions
- Read Leviticus 5:14-6:7
- Is there anything that was new, memorable, or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- Does anyone really think this message has an application to them? Are you “guilty” in any way? What should be our response if our conscience tells us we are guilty?
- Is reparation really an evidence of true repentance?
- Discuss a time when someone made things right with you after you were hurt by them. Was there reconciliation? Why did they do it? How are things now?
- How could we defraud God today? This is not less than financial, but it is certainly more than financial.
- How might we rob God of the glory He deserves? How might we rob God of worship?
- How can we make things right with God after we have defrauded Him?
- Talk about some subtle ways we might defraud our friends and neighbors.
- How can we make things right with them?
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Men’s Muster Men, Sunday is the last day to register for an amazing weekend at Shepherd of the Ozarks, April 7-9! Total cost is $160 ($20 deposit due at registration) and includes all lodging and food. Register at Fellowshipconway.org/register or stop by the table in the Atrium for more information.
Exploring Your Shape Whether you’ve taken the SHAPE assessment already or are still just wondering where to find a fulfilling place to serve others, join us for one of two upcoming Q&A small group sessions that are intended to provide a more personalized coaching through the process of discovering, applying, and getting started serving in your SHAPE. No need to sign up; just pick a date and show up!
– Sunday, March 12th at 10:45 am in the Equipping Room (second floor)
– Sunday, March 26th at 10:45 am in the Equipping Room (second floor)
Go: FSM Missions Yard Sale Join in what God is doing around the world by supporting both FSM and Fellowship College students as they raise support for their upcoming missions trips (Mission Arlington and Czech). We have two great opportunities to support our students: 1). Bring your yard sale items to the church starting Monday, March 27 – Friday, March 31, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. 2). Attend the Yard Sale on Saturday, April 1, 7:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and BUY! For more information, contact Alan Greenwood at email@example.com.
Conway Mobilepack is Coming Soon! Join us March 30 -April 1 for the Conway MobilePack, held at the Conway Expo Center, where we will get to pack the 544,320 meals raised by YOU! Register by going to t4lmobilepack.com. We hope to see you there!
Need Prayer? Have a prayer request or know of a prayer need? You can now easily submit a prayer request at anytime through the Fellowship App or on our website at fellowshipconway.org/ask-for-prayer. Our staff, elders, and prayer teams would love to be praying for you!
Fellowship College and Young Adults If you’re in college or have just recently graduated, Fellowship has a place for you! Join other college-aged young adults for a meal and a large group Bible study. If you are spiritually restless and yearning for authentic relationships, then meet us here on Sunday nights from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Did You Know? In the past six months, there have been 340 individual kids between the ages of birth – 4th grade, checked-in to our Fellowship Kids ministry? That’s part of why our Fellowship Kids Ministry has grown 19% recently. We are so excited with how God is moving and about the prospect of seeing more young families invited into God’s story through Fellowship, become equipped, and be released to become reproducing disciples of Christ.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 02/26/17 29,194
Giving for Week Ending 03/05/17 28,742
Year to Date Needed 829,190
Year to Date Giving 883,025
Over (Under) Budget 53,835