The Rocky Discipleship of Peter
Sermon Slides – click here.
The Calling of Peter. (Matthew 4:18-22)
• Follow Me.
• Leave your business.
• Leave your means of provision.
• Leave your comfort.
• Leave your known life for an unknown future.
Discipleship is a call to trust Jesus for provision in every way.
The Courage of Peter.
• Peter walks on water. (Matthew 14:22-31)
• Peter remains. (John 6:66-70)
• Peter confesses Christ as Messiah. (Matthew 16:13-20)
Discipleship takes courage and boldness in Christ.
The Commission of Peter. (John 21:15-19)
• Jesus is denied.
• Jesus restores.
• Jesus says again – Follow Me.
Discipleship is a journey in experiencing the grace of God and
responding with your life.
Peter’s discipleship is a rocky example of following Jesus.
His life was full of ups and downs, and consistently marked
by the grace of God.
- Monday: Luke 22:1-6
- Tuesday: Luke 22:7-13
- Wednesday: Luke 22:14-20
- Thursday: Luke 22:21-30
- Friday: Luke 22:31-38
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- In response to the grace of God and His forgiveness, I will give up guilt and shame and follow Him.
- I will spend time this week preparing myself to celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus this Easter.
Home Church Questions
- If you could ask Peter anything, what would you ask him?
- What about Peter’s personality resonates with you?
- How are you currently partnering with Jesus to build His Church?
- What does forgiveness mean to you? What does it mean to God?
- What role does forgiving yourself play in experiencing God’s forgiveness?
- How does the resurrection of Jesus change things for you?
- How will you continue to prepare yourself to celebrate the life and death of Christ during Easter?
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today! Inside the bulletin, you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift, as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Fellowship Kids Journey to the Cross This experience brings the death and resurrection of Jesus to life through storytelling and interaction. Your kids don’t want to miss this experience during both Fellowship Kids services on March 25 and April 1. We would love to have your help with leading our children on this journey. If you would like to be a journey leader either Sunday, email Heather at email@example.com.
New to Fellowship? Fellowship 101 is a great way to explore Fellowship, learn about our values, why we do things the way we do, and get answers to any questions you might have (but haven’t been sure who to ask). Whether you’re just checking us out or have been visiting Fellowship for a while, we hope you’ll join us Sunday, April 8 at 9:00 a.m. Stop by the Connection Center or sign up online at inFellowship and let us know you will be there. We are excited to share with you everything there is about Fellowship!
Fellowship on the River Mark your calendars to join us back at the river (Toad Suck Park) for our annual church wide picnic Sunday, April 29. More information coming including ways you can get involved in this fun event! Food ticket sales start April 1.
Men’s Muster Men, mark your calendars for our annual Men’s Muster coming up April 20-22. This is a great opportunity to get refreshed in creation and spend some time getting sharpened by other men as we engage with each other through God’s Word. We are excited to have Dr. Richard Howe as our guest speaker this year. He will be providing us with tools to defend and share our faith in an ever growing hostile world. Cost is $165 (only $20 due at sign up to reserve your spot). Sign up at Fellowshipconway.org/Register or stop by the Connection Center.
• Mobile Pack for Tacos4Life – April 12-14, Conway Expo Center tacos4life.org/conwaymobilepack/
• IFO Petit Jean Hike April 14 – Take your family on a hike with International students from UCA and Hendrix. Contact Miseon Seong for more
information – 501-205-9207 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Arkansas Mission of Mercy Free Dental Clinic, April 26-28. Volunteers needed. For more information go to www.rsvp.com/ArMOM2018Conway
Click Here if you would like to give a gift.
Weekly Budget Needs 24,808
Giving for Week Ending 03/04/18 26,682
Giving for Week Ending 03/11/18 19,606
Year to Date Needed 894,164
Year to Date Giving 906,507
Over (Under) Budget 12,343
Generations Total 1,536,567
Received to Date 627,891