Instructions For The Priests Regarding Offerings
For This Week’s Teaching Slides, click here.
Introduction: A Holy & Royal Priesthood (1 Peter 2:4-5, 9)
The Priest’s Instructions for the Burnt Offerings (Leviticus 6:8-13)
The Priest’s Instructions for the Grain Offerings (Leviticus 6:14-23)
The Priest’s Instructions for the Sin & Guilt Offerings (Leviticus 6:24-7:10)
The Priest’s Instructions for the Peace Offerings (Leviticus 7:11-36)
The Conclusion to the Offering Manual (Leviticus 7:37-38)
As individual priests in a holy and royal priesthood
we must live sanctified lives in service to God,
teaching others how to find access to God,
and facilitating worship among the people of God.
- Monday: 1 Peter 2:1-10
- Tuesday: Leviticus 6:8-30
- Wednesday: Hebrews 10:1-18
- Thursday: Leviticus 7:1-38
- Friday: 1 Samuel 1:1-28
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will rehearse the gospel message with a spouse or friend, in order to ensure that I can direct others to God through the sacrifice of Christ.
- I will devote 5 minutes each morning this week to reflecting on what my actions as a Christian communicate to a watching world.
- I will make plans to explore my unique role and responsibilities in regard to how I can best facilitate worship among the people of God.
Home Church Questions
- Is there anything that was new, memorable, or meaningful from this week’s message? Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- Which Bible translation do you use on a regular basis? Why do you prefer it? Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the various English Bible translations.
- Our priestly role dictates we must be able to direct others to God through the sacrifice of Christ. What illustrations or Scripture references help you to communicate the gospel clearly? Will someone demonstrate their preferred approach for the group?
- Have you ever thought about what your actions in worship communicate to others? How might an understanding of this prompt greater participation?
- Our priestly role dictates we must be able to assure people of God’s forgiveness when they seek it on the basis of Christ’s shed blood. What illustrations or Scripture references help you to communicate God’s forgiveness?
- Have you ever struggled to believe God has truly forgiven you? How might it have helped if someone was available to hear your confession, and then encourage you with the truth of God’s grace in forgiveness? Why don’t most Christians regularly confess their sins to one another, despite the Bible’s teaching on the subject (cf. James 5:16)?
- Biblical praise is a binding responsibility for the believer, and is different from thanksgiving in that God is the subject of the sentence. How can you make praise a regular part of your Christian life? Discuss when, where, and how praise could infiltrate your life.
- What is the one thing that has been the most impactful for you from Leviticus 1-7?
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Men’s Muster Men, Sunday is the last day to register for an amazing weekend at Shepherd of the Ozarks for spiritual renewal and the chance to build relationships with other men from Fellowship, April 7-9! $20 deposit to sign up; total cost is $160 (includes all lodging and food). Register online here or stop by the Connection Center for more information.
Nicaragua Spring Mission Trip Please pray for our team traveling to Puerto Cabezas this week to train and equip 120+ Nicaraguan pastors as well as share the gospel to the surrounding community. Pray for safety and that God would draw people in response to Christ.
Exploring Your Shape to Serve Others Whether you’ve taken the SHAPE assessment already or are just wondering where to find a fulfilling place to serve others, join us Sunday, March 26th, at 10:45 a.m. in the Equipping Room (upstairs) for the SHAPE Small Group Discovery Forum. This is a great opportunity to get some personalized coaching and help through the process of discovering, applying, and getting started serving in your SHAPE. Contact Eric Barnes at email@example.com for more information.
Go: FSM Missions Yard Sale Join in what God is doing around the world by supporting our FSM and College students as they raise support for their upcoming trips to Mission Arlington and the Czech Republic. We have two great opportunities to support our students: 1) Bring your items to the church between Monday, March 27th – Friday, March 31st, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. 2) Shop Saturday, April 1st, 7 a.m. – 1 p.m. and buy! Contact Alan Greenwood at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Mark Your Calendars: Spring Work Week Serve alongside your Fellowship family Thursday, April 6th – Saturday, April 8th as we prepare our campus for spring and a great first impression for guests who will walk through our doors on Easter morning. Contact Tara Brown at email@example.com for more information or to sign up.
Stay Connected with the Fellowship App The Fellowship App makes it easy to access sermon and teaching resources, sign up for or view upcoming events on the church calendar, or submit a prayer request — all from your fingertips! You can also use the app to find sermon slides and the digital bulletin on Sunday morning, or to access your giving history through your InFellowship account. Download the App at fellowshipconway.org/app/.
Did You Know? In the past few months, nearly half of our church body has taken steps to explore their God-given SHAPE for service through the SHAPE assessment and apply that SHAPE by connecting with ministry opportunities within and outside of Fellowship!
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 03/05/17 28,742
Giving for Week Ending 03/12/17 26,146
Year to Date Needed 852,223
Year to Date Giving 909,085
Over (Under) Budget 56,862