The Ordination of Aaron and His Sons
A Lesson on Priests, Pastors, and Parents
For This Week’s Teaching Slides, click here.
Introduction: A Lesson in Application
Spiritual leaders must be recognized as called by God to service. (8:1-5)
Spiritual leaders must be actively growing in sanctification. (8:6)
Spiritual leaders must be equipped for their service. (8:7-9)
Spiritual leaders must be set apart by the work of the the Spirit. (8:10-13)
Spiritual leaders must apply the blood of atonement personally. (8:14-21)
Spiritual leaders must be dedicated to the total task of ministry. (8:22-30)
Spiritual leaders must give themselves fully to a lifetime of ministry. (8:31-36)
Jesus Christ is our perfect High Priest. (Hebrews 7:26-28)
Spiritual leaders (Priests, Pastors, Parents)
must be fully equipped and dedicated
to their ministry.
- Monday: 1 Peter 1:13-25
- Tuesday: 1 Peter 2:1-10
- Wednesday: Hebrews 4:14-16
- Thursday: Hebrews 5:1-10; 8:1-6
- Friday: Leviticus 9:1-24
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will recognize that Jesus is my fully qualified High Priest and will confidently enter God’s presence with humility because I come on the basis of His qualifications, not my own.
- I will take seriously—by consecration and equipping—my role as a priest/leader in the roles where I have been called to be a minister.
Home Church Questions
- Read Leviticus 8:1-36.
- Is there anything that was new, memorable, or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- Do you think of yourself as a leader? Are there any areas where you know you lead already? Are there areas where you know you are being called to lead?
- Do you think of yourself as a “minister”, drawing or pointing others to God?
- In what way do each of us function as a priest? As a pastor to someone? As a leader?
- What part of the world needs to be “washed” off of us to be better leaders?
- What do you need to be more equipped for the role in which you serve? How can you get what you need?
- What parts of your “ministry” feel most like a burden?
- What parts of your “ministry” bring you the most joy?
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Exploring Your Shape to Serve Others Still searching for a place to use and apply your God-given SHAPE for service? Join us Sunday, 10:45 a.m. in the Equipping Room (upstairs). This is a great opportunity to get some personalized coaching and help through the process of discovering, applying, and getting started serving in your SHAPE.
Go: FSM Missions Yard Sale Join in what God is doing around the world by supporting our FSM and College students as they raise support for their upcoming missions trips to Mission Arlington and the Czech Republic. We have two great opportunities to support our students:
- Donate Items for the yard sale: Drop items off at the church next week, Monday, March 27th – Friday, March 31st, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Shop the yard sale: Next Saturday, April 1st, 7 a.m. – 1 p.m. Contact Alan Greenwood at email@example.com for more information.
Spring Work Week Come serve alongside your Fellowship family Thursday, April 6th – Saturday, April 8th as we prepare our campus inside and out for spring and a great first impression for guests who will walk through our doors on Easter morning. Contact: Tara Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to sign up.
Fellowship Elder Affirmation For those who call Fellowship home, we invite you to take part in the process of affirming the selection of two potential new elders to rotate onto our elder board. You can find more information on the biblical qualifications of an elder, as well as the affirmation process on the bulletin insert.
Good Friday Crucifixion Dinner Join us Friday, April 14th, as we participate in Good Friday through the Crucifixion Dinner. In preparation for the evening, we ask you fast during the day Friday, and then we will come together at 6:30 p.m. to break the fast with a light meal and remember what Christ did on the Cross. Childcare will be provided for 6 years and under (RSVP to Shann@conwaycorp.net).
Easter Offering God has blessed us with the chance to join Him in the greatest mission ever – to reach the world for Christ and advance the Gospel to those who do not know Him. This year, through the Easter Offering, we want to invest in sharing the Great Story, that is the Gospel of Christ, through the ministry of Operation Christmas Child. In particular, this will be our funding for our fall packing party. We will collect this special Easter Offering at the end of our Easter worship Service on Sunday, April 16th. You can also give in advance at Fellowshipconway.Securegive.com.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 03/12/17 26,146
Giving for Week Ending 03/19/17 25,465
Year to Date Needed 875,256
Year to Date Giving 934,550
Over (Under) Budget 59,294