ACTS: THE CHURCH ON MISSION
Opposition to the Church on Mission
Sermon Slides – Click Here
OUTLINE OF THE MESSAGE
Abraham: God’s Revelation and Partial/Progressive Obedience (Acts 7:1-8)
Joseph: God’s Promise and the Patriarch’s Jealousy (Acts 7:9-16)
Moses: God and Israel’s Rebellion (Acts 7:17-43)
Tabernacle and Temple: God and His Presence with Man (Acts 7:44-50)
Application and Accusation: “You resist the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 7:51-53)
THEMES OF THE MESSAGE
1. There is a progressive revelation of God’s plan throughout Scripture.
2. The blessings of God are not limited to the land of Israel and the temple.
3. Israel has always evidenced a pattern of opposition to God’s gracious plan.
OUTCOMES OF THE MESSAGE
The First Martyr’s Last Stand.
Living on Mission:
The church of Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit,
clearly proclaims the story of God’s grace
which culminates in the ministry of Jesus, the Messiah.
- Make a plan to read your Bible and know the plan of God better.
- Discuss with someone what you are willing to risk to follow the call of God in your life.
This Week’s Growth Guide
God’s Word is both central and critical to your spiritual growth. We invite you to utilize the Growth Guide
during the week to further your application of the Truth from the message.
- Monday – Genesis 11:27-12:9
- Tuesday – Genesis 37
- Wednesday – Exodus 1
- Thursday – Exodus 2
- Friday – Exodus 40
Our Home Churches meet weekly to facilitate quicker relational depth, study the same passage taught Sunday to help apply Scripture in the context of community, and pray with one another. Home Church helps our body seek God’s best for one another.
Home Church Questions
• Read Acts 7:1-60.
• Is there anything new, interesting or memorable from today’s message?
• Is there an immediate application you know you need to make? How can your Home Church support you in your obedience to make this application?
• Why should we be familiar with Old Testament Stories?
• What do the OT stories in Stephen’s sermon reveal to us about the nature of God?
• What do the OT stories in Stephen’s sermon reveal to us about the nature of man?
• Stephen seems to be fairly confrontational. What do you think of his strategy?
• What is the main point of the message by Stephen? How would he have liked them to respond?
Men’s Muster | April 12-14 | Shepherd of the Ozarks
This is a great opportunity to spend some time getting sharpened by other men and refreshed by God as you enjoy the amazing setting in His creation at Shepherd of the Ozarks. Dr. Richard Howe from Southern Evangelical Seminary will be our guest speaker. Dr. Howe will help us wrestle with faith through doubts that Satan and the world might throw at us. Invite your sons (age 16 and older) and men from your Home Church. For more information and to register go to fellowshipconway.org/register.
FSM Highschool Retreat “Boundless” | March 8-10 | Camp Sologochia
All 8th-12th Grade Students are encouraged to join us for our FSM High School Retreat, “Boundless”. The weekend will be packed full of Biblical messages, dynamic worship, deep small group conversations, and tons of fun! What do God and the Bible say about the topics of love, sex, and dating? Join us and find out. The cost is $90 for lodging and food for the weekend. $20 off for second child (use discount code 2Kid20). Register at fellowshipconway.org/register.
Fall Nicaragua Medical Mission Trip | October 12-19
This fall Fellowship will be taking a medical team to Puerto Cabezas (Bilwi), Nicaragua to provide medical care and share the gospel in two local churches. We are gathering a team of Medical Professionals, Dentists, Nurses, Pharmacists, support people, and those who would love to share the gospel in the context of one of the neediest neighborhoods in the Western Hemisphere. If you are interested in being a part of this team please contact Ken Wilson for more information (501-269-3444).
Tacos4Life Mobile Pack | March 28-30 | Conway Expo Center
Let’s join Tacos 4 Life and FMSC as they offer volunteers/students a one-of-a-kind experience. Through volunteering with FMSC, you’ll get the chance to impact hundreds of kids in just two hours per packing shift. To sign up for a date and time go to give.fmsc.org. You can make a tangible difference in the life of child!
Click Here if you would like to give a gift.
To make a gift or a commitment to Generations, you can click Here.
Weekly Budget 24,519
Giving For 02/17 21,885
Giving For 02/24 29,406
YTD Budget 858,173
YTD Giving 858,168
Over (under) (5.00)
Total Pledge 1,570,382