The Sanctity of Blood
Life is in the Blood
For Teaching Slides: click here
Review: The Day of Atonement (Leviticus 16:1-34)
• Atonement: The Ritual of Blood (Leviticus 16:3, 6, 9, 11-19)
• Forgiveness: The Ritual of Riddance (Leviticus 16:5, 7-10, 20-22, 26-28)
• Humility: The Ritual of Denial (Leviticus 16:29-34)
The Importance of Blood for Sacrifice (Leviticus 17:1-16)
• Blood and Sacrifice: All sacrifices must be made to the Lord (17:1-9)
• Blood and Eating: All blood is for sacrifice to the Lord, the giver of life (17:10-16)
Picture Hebrews Perfection
True worshippers must make their sacrifices to the Lord alone
recognizing that He has complete authority over life.
- Monday: Hebrews 7:23-28
- Tuesday: Hebrews 9:11-15
- Wednesday: Hebrews 9:16-28
- Thursday: Hebrews 10:1-18
- Friday: Leviticus 17
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will praise the Lord with my lips and my life for providing eternal atonement by the blood of Jesus Christ.
- I will praise the Lord with my lips and my life for removing my sin by the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship. You can also send us a message at any time by clicking here. One of our staff would love to connect with you to help with any questions you have.
Fellowship Kids Camp is a great opportunity for your kids (kindergarten – 4th grade) to learn more about the Bible and have a great time doing it! This summer, our kids will be learning to Share God’s Gift. Your kids won’t want to miss out on this fun and exciting experience! Deadline to register is May 29. Register online by clicking here. Cost is $25 per child. Contact Heather McKinney or Heather Fulmer for more information.
Kids Summer Volunteers Needed How can you leave a legacy of faith for the generations to come? Our Kids Ministry has several opportunities available if your God-given SHAPE for service includes a heart for our kids.
• Sunday AM Classroom Leaders: We need your help in our kids classrooms on Sunday mornings, June 4- August 6. You can serve with your spouse, with a friend, or on your own.
• Kids Camp Leaders: We have several needs including classroom leaders, nursery attendants, worship leaders, craft leaders, classroom decorators, and many other behind the scenes roles to help make Kids Camp an incredible experience for our kids to grow in their walk with the Lord. Contact Heather McKinney or Heather Fulmer for more information on how to get involved in these opportunities.
Baby Bottle & Diaper Drive Our Girlfriends ministry is providing an opportunity for us to help mothers in our community by partnering with local ministries through a baby bottle and diaper drive. Purchase diapers or take the baby bottle that is in your seat to fill with change. Drop off bottles and other items at the Connections Center through May 21.
Ladies Summer book Club Join other women this summer through a discussion of Pete Greig’s ‘God on Mute: Engaging the Silence of Prayer’. Tuesdays, 6:30-8:00 p.m., June 13 – July 25. Childcare available upon request. Register online by clicking here. For more information, email Page McKelvy.
Night of Prayer for Missionaries Join us here at Fellowship on Sunday, May 21, 6:30-8:00 p.m. for a focused time of praying for our missionaries, global workers, and for all that God is doing around the world in spreading the Gospel.
Fellowship Kids Summer Celebration Join other Fellowship families on Saturday, June 3, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. as we celebrate the start of summer with fun games, face painting, popsicles, and even a dunking booth. Contact Heather Fulmer for more information.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 04/30/17 $21,561
Giving for Week Ending 05/07/17 $22,665
Year to Date Needed $1,036,488
Year to Date Giving $1,096,989
Over (Under) Budget $60,501