“What’s Go’in On?” (Dave Rofkhar)
The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. (1 John 3:8)
• Satan is defeated (Genesis 3:15)
• Death is defeated (1 Corinthians 15:20-55)
• Sin is defeated (Romans 6:5-7)
• Eternal Life (John 5:24)
• New Creation (2 Corinthians 5:17)
• Christ in me (Galatians 2:20)
• Walk in Light (1 John 1:7)
• Walk in Love (1 John 3:18; 4:7)
Monday: 1 John 1:1-4
Tuesday: 1 John 1:5-2:2
Wednesday: 1 John 2:3-11
Thursday: 1 John 2:12-27
Friday: Luke 21:5-38
Next Steps from Today’s message
I will walk in the light this week by ________________.
I will walk in love this week by ___________________ .
Home church questions
- What insights do the following passages give you regarding Satan’s current and future state? Genesis 3:15; Job 1:6-13; 1 Peter 5:8; Revelation 20:10
- What are his abilities and limitations?
- What does it mean for Jesus to be the first fruit? Where does that metaphor come from? 1 Corinthians 15:20
- In 1 Corinthians 15:55, Paul seems to almost be singing. Describe why you think he responds this way? Who can sing this song? How is this a motivation to the church regarding it’s response to the lost?
- How would you describe to someone the abundant life of which Jesus speaks in John 10:10?
- Matthew 9:35 lists four action words to describe Jesus’ ministry (going, teaching, proclaiming, healing). Unpack each of those words in it’s context and describe what you think Jesus was doing and why.
Father’s day slide show // Send in your best pictures of sons, dads, and grandpas for the Father’s Day Slide Show // 1-2 photos per family // firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, June 11.
IFO Conversation Club // Fellowship will be providing the meal for June 9th, 6:00 p.m. at Second Baptist Student Center // Please join us and meet college students from all over the world // If you are able to help with a main or side dish, fruit, or dessert contact Miseon at email@example.com or 501-205-9207
Life choices “Change for LIfe” Campaign // If you haven’t picked up a baby bottle, there’s still time // Fill it up with change, bills, or checks to support Life Choices and return by June 7 // Life Choices is Conway’s local pregnancy resource center.
Ministry Center is in need of diapers and feminine hygiene products // Please bring your items to the Connection Center // The Ministry Center is one-stop locale for people in need.
Women’s summer Bible study // “Sweeter Than Chocolate” // June 9 – July 14, 7-8:30 p.m. // 6 week study teaches the big picture of the Bible using God’s summary in Hebrews 11 // Sign up at the Connection Center.
MEN’S 33 BIBLE STUDY // Wednesdays, 5:30 a.m. or 8:00 p.m. beginning June 17.
Kids Camp // July 13-17 // This year we will be using the OCC Curriculum, “The Greatest Journey” // For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com // Registration will begin June 1.
Automate the Important // Will you try automating your giving to the ministry of Fellowship for 90 days this summer? // For more information or to sign up go to Fellowshipconway.org/important.
The Fellowship Mobile App // Use your smartphone to listen to sermons, view digital bulletins, submit prayer requests, and more. Available at Fellowshipconway.org/app
July 1 – May 17, 2015
Weekly Budget Needs $19,538
Giving for 05/10/15 18,924
Giving for 05/17/15 21,231
Year to Date Needed 898,748
Year to Date Giving 991,936
Over (Under) Budget 93,188