Questions about the Resurrection: Answers about a Living God (Luke 20:27-40)
- Political Traps and Religious Traps
- Doesn’t the law of “Levirate Marriage” prove the absurdity of belief in the resurrection?
- You do not understand the nature of the resurrection life; it will be a life with no need of marriage (and propagation).
- You do not understand the nature of God;
He is a living God over living people, therefore, His authority extends beyond death.
- You do not understand the nature of Jesus if you think you can catch Him in a theological trap; so give up any attempts to gain an upper hand with Jesus.
Jesus knows more about theological truth and God’s will than anyone; He will prove it soon by demonstrating God’s authority and covenant promises extend beyond death.
- Monday: Genesis 38:1-30
- Tuesday: Deuteronomy 25:5-10
- Wednesday: Ruth 4:1-12
- Thursday: Genesis 23:1-20
- Friday: Luke 20:41-21:4
NEXT STEPS FROM TODAY’S MESSAGE
- I will live with the recognition that the promises of God are not exhausted in this life.
- I will submit to the authority and wisdom of Jesus and allow Him to guide my life.
HOME CHURCH QUESTIONS
- Read the Passage.
- Review the Message.
- What would you do to gain or maintain a position of influence?
- Are Christians today more like Pharisees or Sadducees? How? What about you? What do you think heaven will be like?
- Is the doctrine of resurrection important in your faith?
- What aspects of life in heaven make it a place you look forward to being?
- Why does this life seem like it is worthy of more investment than the life to come?
- How does being a “child of God” identify you and direct your daily life?