The Spread of the Gospel in the Book of Acts
Even The Gentiles
Sermon Slides – Click here
Some believers hesitate to fellowship
with people not like them.
The ground is level at the foot of the Cross.
• God clearly revealed that all men are equal in the sight of God (11:4-10).
• The equality of all before God is validated by the Holy Spirit. (11:11-17).
Believers who embrace God’s perspective
rejoice when anyone places their faith in Christ for salvation.
Lessons for Witnesses:
Faithful Witnesses recognize that
the ground is level at the foot of the Cross
and do not hesitate to fellowship with all believers.
- Ask God to open your heart to others.
- Praise God for the grace of salvation available to everyone.
This week’s Growth Guide
God’s Word is both central and critical to your spiritual growth.
We invite you to utilize the Growth Guide during the week to further your application of the Truth from the message.
- Monday – Romans 14:1-12
- Tuesday – Romans 14:13-23
- Wednesday – Romans 15:1-13
- Thursday – 1 Corinthians 8:1-13
- Friday – Acts 11:19-30
Our Home Churches meet weekly to facilitate quicker relational depth, study the same passage taught Sunday to help apply Scripture in the context of community, and pray with one another. Home Church helps our body seek God’s best for one another.
Home Church Questions
• Read Acts 11:1-18.
• Is there anything new, interesting or memorable from today’s message?
• Is there an immediate application you know you need to make? How can your Home Church support you in your obedience to make this application?
• How was the “wrong crowd” identified when you were in High School?
• The issue for the Jewish believers was not the salvation of Gentiles, but fellowshipping with them. What kind of groups do we intentionally, or unintentionally, exclude from fellowship?
• Why was Peter chosen as the one to take the gospel to the Gentiles? Could anyone else have been as effective?
• How do we explain the change that took place when Peter later stopped fellowshipping with Gentiles (Read Galatians 2:11-21)?
• Have you ever been criticized for breaking “religious traditions”?
• Why is accepting all people equally such a challenge?
One Cry – City Wide Prayer
Sunday, May 5 – 6-7:30 p.m.
Join us for One Cry, a quarterly gathering of churches in
Conway to worship and cry out together as believers.
This quarter we will meet here at Fellowship Bible Church.
Our gathering will be focused on praying
for National Revival and Awakening.
Fellowship Kids Summer Session
We have so many wonderful volunteers who serve throughout the school year. Summer is upon us and we would love to give them a break. We have several opportunities for you to serve in Fellowship Kids including classroom volunteers during both services, one-on-one buddies for some of our kiddos, as well as behind the scenes helpers. Whatever your gifting, we have a perfect fit for you. The summer session is June 2-August 4. For more information, you can connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fellowship Bible Church VBS | June 3-7 | 8:30-12:00
This summer kids can be a part of and experience Paul’s dangerous journey to share the truth. Cost: $25 per child. We are encouraging each child to invite one guest (not from Fellowship) to attend for free! Register April 1-May 17 at fellowshipconway.org/register.
Baby Dedications | May 12 | Both Services
The dedication of babies is a special time for parents to make a commitment to God before their family and friends to raise their children to become disciples of Jesus Christ. We will have a special baby dedication on Mother’s Day. If you would like to have your child dedicated, email Lisa at email@example.com.
Girlfriends Diaper Drive & Change for Life | May 5-19
The Fellowship Girlfriends ministry is providing an opportunity to help moms in our community by partnering with Life Choices, The Conway Ministry Center, and Soul Food Café Mission. There are two ways to get involved:
Pick up a Baby Bottle – Beginning May 5, pick up a bottle, fill it up with change, bills, or checks and bring it back to the Connection Center by May 19 to support Life Choices through their Change for Life program.
Donate Diapers – Purchase diapers and wipes for moms in need to care for their babies. Supplies will support local families through the Ministry Center and Soul Food Café ministries. If you are able to help with the above needs, please bring your items to drop off in the atrium or at the Connection Center May 5th – May 19th.
Discipleship 101 | May 13 | 6:00 p.m. | Venue
The Bible is God’s grand story of Redemption, Restoration, and Rule. In the pages of Scripture we find one unified, epic narrative that answers for every person who has ever asked life’s most important questions. Join us as Ken Wilson provides an overview of the entire narrative (complete with charts). If you’re looking for the big picture and interested in seeing how all the pieces fit together to provide the context for the individual parts, this class is a fit for you. Register at fellowshipconway.org/register. For child care email Shanna at Shann@conwaycorp.net.
Weekly Budget 24,519
Giving For 04/21 31,577
Giving For 04/28 23,158
YTD Budget 1,078,846
YTD Giving 1,089,930
Over (under) 11,084
Total Pledge 1,573,182