“Relying on the Holy Spirit”
Sermon slides – Click here
The Trinitarian Work of Salvation and Sanctification:
• The Plan and Purpose of God
• The Provision and Pattern of Jesus Christ
• The Power and Priority of the Holy Spirit
Relying on the Holy Spirit in Salvation (Titus 3:5)
• Regeneration: Made alive by the Spirit of God (Titus 3:5)
• Baptism: Incorporation into the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:13)
• Sealing: Identification and Security (Ephesians 1:13-14)
Relying on the Holy Spirit in Sanctification (Ephesians 5:18)
• Indwelling: The permanent presence of the Holy Spirit (John 14:17)
• Filling (πληροω): Empowerment for Christ-like Living (Ephesians 5:18)
• Fruit: Christ-like Character as evidence of the Spirit’s work (Galatians 5:22-23)
Relying on the Holy Spirit in Service (Acts 1:8)
• Gifting: The blessing to contribute to Body Life (1 Corinthians 12:1-31)
• Filling (πιμπλημι): Empowerment for Christ exalting service (Acts 2:4)
• Witness: Empowerment to provide witness to Christ’s work (Acts 1:8)
Fellowship Bible Church
prioritizes the work of the Holy Spirit
in our ongoing sanctification and service.
- I will allow the Holy Spirit to conform me to the image of Christ.
- I will allow the Holy Spirit to empower me to serve Him.
- This Week’s Growth Guide
God’s Word is both central and critical to your spiritual growth. We invite you to utilize the Growth Guide during the week to further your application of the Truth from the message.
- Monday – John 13-14
- Tuesday – John 15-16
- Wednesday – 1 Corinthians 12:1-31
- Thursday – 1 Corinthians 13
- Friday – Ephesians 5:15-6:9
Home Church Questions
- What area of your current spiritual growth do you know will require supernatural power for you to bear fruit?
- When have you undeniably experienced the ministry of the Holy Spirit in your spiritual growth?
- What are your spiritual gifts?
- How are you using your spiritual gifts?
- How do we “partner with the Holy Spirit” for growth and service?
- How can our group stay connected through the summer?
Baby Bottles & Diapers
Collection dates May 6, 13, 20
The Girlfriend’s Ministry is sponsoring a special collection in honor of Mother’s Day. Grab a baby bottle and fill it with change, checks, or cash to help Life Choices empower women with information to make the best choice for their baby. Grab some diapers and wipes to help those in need through the Ministry Center and Soul Food Cafe as they provide essential services to those in our community.
Fellowship kids Summer Volunteer Team | Summer Session June 3 – August 5
Join our Fellowship Kids team for the summer and help us leave a legacy of faith for the next generation. Whether you are serving in a class, leading worship, or working behind the scenes, you will be leading our kids into a deeper relationship with Christ. Sign up now at fellowshipconway.com/register or contact Heather McKinney at email@example.com or Heather Fulmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baby Dedication May 13 | Both Services
The dedication of babies is a special time for parents to make a commitment before their family and friends to bring up their children in the ways of the Lord. We will have a special baby dedication on Mother’s Day. Contact Lisa at email@example.com if you would like to have your baby dedicated.
Discipleship 101 May 14 | 6-8:00 p.m.
A Relational Approach to Discipleship – Join us as we walk together and take a look at How Jesus Made Disciples. In Discipleship 101, you will be equipped, resourced, encouraged and have an opportunity to connect with others in the body who are on this disciple making journey. For more information contact Michael Harrison, firstname.lastname@example.org / (501) 339-4222. Child care by RSVP to email@example.com
Fellowship Kids VBS June 4 – June 8 | 8:30-12
Fellowship Kids VBS is coming this June! Journey to a Babylon marketplace where you will experience the sights, sounds, tastes, and people of daniel’s time. Registration now through May 11 for kids who are currently in K-4th grade. Registration fee is $25. Invite a friend (non-Fellowship), and that friend gets to attend VBS for free! Register at fellowshipconway.com/register.
Making Room: A Study on Biblical Hospitality June 13, 20, 27 | 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Ladies, come enjoy getting to know other women while exploring the topic of Biblical Hospitality. We will have two weeks on the study and then have dinner together the third week. Childcare is available by RSVP to our childcare coordinator Shanna at firstname.lastname@example.org. Week one will be at the home of Alicia Gough #4 Bunker hill. The study will be facilitated by Alicia Gough and Anna Wanamaker. Sign-ups begins May 20.
Go Store Date: May 23 | Time: 6:30-9:00p.m.
Girlfriends Go to Go! Come enjoy music, refreshments and connecting with others as we serve the Lord by serving at The GO Store. This is a great opportunity to see firsthand what God is doing through The GO Store, beyond just packing shoe boxes, and get more information about ongoing opportunities to be involved.
Fellowship partners with Downline Ministry to equip our people to make disciples. Fellowship has had 39 go through the Downline Institute here in Conway over the last 4 years. Downline is now taking applications for next year’s class that kicks off in August. Apply now while space in next year’s class remains. Get more info or apply at DownlineConway.com/apply.
Weekly budget 24,808
Giving For 4/22 27,895
Giving For 4/29 19,914
YTD Budget 1,067,342
YTD Giving 1,061,865
Over (under) (5,477)
Total Pledge 1,542,230