Lessons from Paul on Cultural Engagement
1. Romans 1:18-32
2. Acts 17:16-34
- Monday: Romans 1:18-32
- Tuesday: Acts 17:16-34
- Wednesday: Acts 10:9-33
- Thursday: Acts 15:1-21
- Friday: Acts 15:22-35
Next Steps from Today’s message
- Be – I will engage my world with wisdom as I speak the truth with curiosity and love.
- Multiply – I will make it a point to listen well to others. I will develop a curious and non-judgmental attitude as I stand firm on the truth.
- Go – I will pray that our government continues to allow us to have the freedom to worship. I will pray for freedom to worship and witness around the world. I will pray for OCC. I will pray for Mike and Erin Taylor.
Home Church Questions
- Read Romans 1:18-32 and Acts 17:16-34.
- Discuss the message. Is there anything that stood out as important, new, challenging, or helpful?
- What are the major features of 21st Century American culture?
- How have you seen our culture change in your lifetime?
- How have you seen our culture change in the last ten years?
- How can we stand for truth and not be judgmental? Is it possible?
- How can we learn to “speak the truth in love”?
- How can we engage culture without it impacting us negatively?
New to Fellowship? // We’re so glad you’re here today // Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card // Please fill it out and bring to the Connection Center in the atrium // We will give you a welcome gift and answer your questions.
Grace Based Parenting // It’s hard to be parents, and it’s even more difficult to be parents in a Christian home // Join us Saturday, November 14, 9-11:00 a.m. as we explore ways to parent with grace // RSVP to Heather Fulmer at email@example.com.
OCC Update // Don’t forget to visit the GO Store for all your shoebox shopping needs, start saving your postage for your boxes, and think about a family note or picture to add to your box // Located in the Ministry Center (766 Harkrider), The GO Store has tons of discount merchandise // For full listing of days and hours go to Facebook.com/OCCgostore // Contact Erica Cason at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to set up a time to have a packing party with your Home Church, sports team, etc.
Do You Commute? // Check out the Fellowship Library on the second floor by the church offices for some awesome resources to listen to on your daily drive.
A Box // We love Operation Christmas Child here at Fellowship Conway! It is not too late to partner with OCC to send Gospel Opportunities around the world to children // You can start bringing your packed boxes to Fellowship next Sunday, November 15.
A Bow // If you would like an opportunity to bless someone through a local ministry here in the Conway area look for the Angel Tree in the atrium later this month // You’ll be able to take a bow off the tree and return the item(s) listed on it back to the Connection Center.
A Better Experience // As God continues to bring new people to Fellowship we want to make it possible for them to have a better experience from the first impressions of our body // We have 2 opportunities as part of our Christmas Offering this year to make coming to Fellowship a better experience: 1. New furniture in the Atrium (don’t look too closely at the stuff that is currently out there…or do and you will see why it is time to upgrade). 2. Additional Parking spaces on the Northwest side.
Christmas Eve // We know it is still a ways off but wanted you to be able to mark your calendars and make plans to bring the family // We will be having two Christmas Eve worship services this year at 5 pm and 7 pm. // Be praying about who God would have you invite.
July 1 – November 1, 2015
Weekly Budget Needs $21,577
Giving for 10/25/15 19,471
Giving for 11/01/15 25,633
Year to Date Needed 387,002
Year to Date Giving 393,821
Over (Under) Budget 6,819