The Seventy Weeks of Daniel
Daniel’s Practice of Bible Study and Prayer (9:1-19).
• God’s Word reveals God’s plan (9:1-2).
• God’s Word gives us direction on how to pray (9:1-19).
Jeremiah 25:25:11-12; 29:10-14 – Seventy Years
Leviticus 26; Deuteronomy 28-30 – Blessings, Cursing, Restoration
• Prayer is honest about our sin and confesses it clearly (9:3-15).
• Prayer is clear about honoring God and praising Him repeatedly (9:3-19).
• Prayer is humble about pleading for mercy and restoration (9:16-19).
When you know God’s Word you know how to pray.
Thriving in Babylon: Know the will of God by the Word of God and pray in light of this.
The Divine Response to Bible Study and Prayer (9:20-27).
• Humility and confession opens the door for clear understanding (9:20-23).
• God has a purpose for the future: (9:24).
• First Coming: “finish transgression” – “put an end to sin (offering)” – “atone for iniquity”
• Second Coming: “bring eternal righteousness” – “seal the vision and prophecy” – “anoint the Holy Place”
• God has a timeline for the future (9:25-27).
– 69 sevens = 483 lunar years (360 days) = 173,880 days
– 173,880 days = 476 years and 25 days
– Decree of Artaxeres (March 4/5 444 B.C.) + 476 years and 25 days
– Triumphal Entry (March 30, 33 A.D.) – Messiah cut off
– 70th seven – period of desolation yet to come.
God will bring history to a close with His final redemption on His time table.
Thriving in Babylon: Pray for His Kingdom to come and His will to be done.
Study and understand the Word of God, pray for God’s Kingdom and purposes, and wait for God’s timing and final redemption.
- Monday: Jeremiah 25
- Tuesday: Leviticus 26
- Wednesday: Jeremiah 29
- Thursday: Daniel 10:1-21
- Friday: Daniel 11:1-45
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will pray 1 Timothy 2:1-4 for our local and national government.
- I will rejoice in the accomplishments of the first coming of Christ.
- I will hope for the accomplishments of the second coming of Christ.
Home Church Questions
- Read Daniel 9.
- Is there anything that was new, memorable, or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- What did you learn about the connection between Bible study and prayer?
- Talk about some practical ways that knowing the will of God (in His Word) allows you to pray with more confidence and purpose.
- Review the math. Does it all make sense?
- How does the precision of the fulfillment of this passage encourage you?
- Why would God allow for such precision to be seen as we look into the past, and yet such a lack of precision as we look into the future?
- How can we be more hopeful? Where should our hope be focused?
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Operation Christmas Child National Collection Week (Nov 14-21) begins tomorrow and we are so excited to see all that God is going to do in and through us in the coming days! Shoeboxes supplies can be bought at the GO store (located at the Conway Ministry Center) and filled shoeboxes can be returned starting today. The 2016 FBC goal is 4700 boxes!!
Nicaragua Evangelism Team Info Meeting We want to grow our partnership with Nicaragua in the area of evangelism and are extending an invitation to you to hear what opportunities are available, and how you can become involved. Join us Sunday, December 4, at 12:20 p.m. for lunch to learn how you can be a part. Childcare will be provided. Please RSVP to Lisa at email@example.com
Fellowship Kids Parents’ Night Out Friday, December 9, 6-9:00 p.m. Christmas is fast approaching and that means Parents’ Night Out here at Fellowship. This is a great opportunity for you to take some time to enjoy your Friday evening while we have fun with the kids. RSVP (for kids birth – 4th grade) to Heather McKinney at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 2.
FSM Family Youth and Christmas Dinner Wednesday, December 14, 6-8:00 p.m. FSM students and their families look forward to this yearly event as families gather together to share a dinner and celebrate what God has done over the past year. To help prepare for every family, please RSVP by Wednesday, December 7, to Emily Allison at email@example.com. For more information contact Alan Greenwood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAVE TIME REGISTERING FOR EVENTS OR SIGN UP TO SERVE With InFellowship, FBC’s new community portal, you can now conveniently register and pay for classes or events for you or your family…at anytime! You can also explore current opportunities for you to get engaged in serving here at Fellowship. Register for an InFellowship account on our website at http://wp.me/P32b38-1Ui or the FBC app by clicking “Get Connected.” Contact Eric Barnes at email@example.com for more information.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 10/30/16 16,455
Giving for Week Ending 11/06/16 24,000
Year to Date Needed 437,628
Year to Date Giving 442,212
Over (Under) Budget 4,584