Apologetics – Salvation (Acts 4:1-12)
Introduction: A Few Reviews
Keeping the good news in the good news is critical.
• Balance: Apologetic Answers and Apologetic Lifestyle
• Flow: God – Bible – Jesus – Salvation
• Good News: Forgiven – Washed – Indwelt – Reconciled
The Work of God
Jesus is the only path to reconciliation with God.
• Grace – The Plan of the Father (Ephesians 1:3-6)
• Substitution – The Provision of the Son (Romans 5:6-8)
• Regeneration – The Power of the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:3-7)
The Response of Man
Salvation is by grace through faith.
• Knowledge – The Gospel Message (Romans 1:16-17)
• Conviction – The Problem of Sin (Romans 3:9-20)
• Trust – A New Relationship (Romans 5:1-2; 9-11)
The Eternal Security of the Believer
Once a person is truly saved they are always truly saved.
• Innocence – Inseparable from the Father’s Love (Romans 8:31-39)
• Confidence – Irremovable from the Savior’s Grip (John 10:25-30)
• Security – Sealed with the Spirit’s Power (Ephesians 1:13-14)
Jesus Christ is the only secure hope for all mankind.
- Monday: Ephesians 1:1-14
- Tuesday: Ephesians 2:1-10
- Wednesday: Romans 3:9-20
- Thursday: Romans 3:21-26
- Friday: 1 Corinthians 15:1-11
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- Be – I will rest in the security of my salvation.
- Multiply – I will share my testimony with someone else this week and make the good news of the Gospel clear.
- Go – I will write an e-mail to encourage one of our missionaries.
Home Church Questions
- Read Acts 4:1-2.
- Discuss the message. Is there anything that stood out as important, new, challenging, or helpful?
- Discuss the Gospel? Why is the Gospel good news?
- Keep discussing the riches of the Gospel?
- Talk about how amazing the Gospel is.
- What makes it hard to share the amazing good news of the Gospel?
- Who do you know who needs to hear the Gospel and respond in faith?
New to Fellowship? // We’re so glad you’re here today // Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card // Please fill it out and bring to the Connection Center in the atrium // We will give you a welcome gift and answer your questions.
OCC Update // Don’t forget to visit the GO Store for all your shoebox shopping needs, start saving your postage for your boxes, and think about a family note or picture to add to your box // Located in the Ministry Center (766 Harkrider), The GO Store has tons of discount merchandise // For full listing of days and hours go to Facebook.com/OCCgostore // Contact Erica Cason at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to set up a time to have a packing party with your Home Church, sports team, etc.
Do You Commute? // Check out the Fellowship Library on the second floor by the church offices for some awesome resources to listen to on your daily drive.
A Box // We love Operation Christmas Child here at Fellowship Conway! It is not too late to partner with OCC to send Gospel opportunities around the world to children // Please bring all OCC boxes to Fellowship by Sunday, November 22.
A Bow // If you would like an opportunity to bless someone through a local ministry here in the Conway area, look for the Angel Tree in the atrium later this month // You’ll be able to take a bow off the tree and return the item(s) listed on it back to the Connection Center.
A Better Experience // As God continues to bring new people to Fellowship we want to make it possible for them to have a better experience from the first impressions of our body // We have 2 opportunities as part of our Christmas Offering this year to make coming to Fellowship a better experience: 1. New furniture in the atrium (don’t look too closely at the stuff that is currently out there…or do and you will see why it is time to upgrade). 2. Additional parking spaces on the northwest side.
Parents Night Out // Enjoy a little time of your own during this busy holiday season while we have fun with your kids // December 11, 6-9 PM for kids birth-4th grade // RSVP to email@example.com // Childcare for children under three, please, email Shanna Franklin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christmas Eve // We know it is still a ways off but wanted you to be able to mark your calendars and make plans to bring the family // We will be having two Christmas Eve worship services this year at 5 pm and 7 pm. // Be praying about who God would have you invite.
July 1 – November 8, 2015
Weekly Budget Needs $21,577
Giving for 11/01/15 25,633
Giving for 11/08/15 26,121
Year to Date Needed 408,579
Year to Date Giving 419,943
Over (Under) Budget 11,364