ACTS: THE CHURCH ON MISSION
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.
With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people (NIV).
Sermon Slides – Click here
Ephesians: A Little Bit of Context
“Pray in the spirit.”
• Prayer is prompted by the Holy Spirit.
• Prayer is guided by the Holy Spirit.
“Pray on all occasions.”
• Prayer is a conversation with God throughout the day.
• Prayer is a way of life. Everything you do can be prayer.
“Pray with all kinds of prayers and requests.”
• Prayer is a multifaceted communication with God.
• Prayer is asking for God to accomplish His purpose and provide for us.
“Be alert and keep on praying.”
• Prayer keeps you alert. Alertness keeps you praying.
• Persistent prayer is powerful prayer.
“Pray for the Lord’s people.”
• Pray for your community.
• Pray for the Lost.
• Pray for effective evangelism (6:19-20).
Living on Mission:
The church of Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit,
consistently prays for God’s people.
Living on Mission
• Pray this week with attentiveness to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
• Pray for Operation Christmas Child to effectively prepare the hearts of children to respond to the gospel.
This Week’s Growth Guide
God’s Word is both central and critical to your spiritual growth.
We invite you to utilize the Growth Guide during the week to further your application of the Truth from the message.
Our Home Churches meet weekly to facilitate quicker relational depth, study the same passage taught Sunday to help apply Scripture in the context of community, and pray with one another. Home Church helps our body seek God’s best for one another.
Home Church Questions
• Read Ephesians 6.
• Is there anything new, interesting or memorable from today’s message?
• Is there an immediate application you know you need to make? How can your Home Church support you in your obedience to make this application?
• How is prayer an essential part of spiritual warfare?
• Share how you have been led by the Spirit in prayer.
• How does praying keep you alert?
• How does being alert keep you praying?
• Why is it hard to be persistent in prayer? When has persistent prayer been valuable in your life? Was the prayer answered or did something else happen?
• What are you learning about prayer?
Operation Christmas Child
Today is THE last day to drop off Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes. Please bring your boxes to the church this afternoon so they can be processed and packed before being shipped to the collection center. Also, if you have yard signs, please turn those in TODAY!
On December 9, we will reveal the total number of shoeboxes packed
and processed, so you won’t want to miss it!
Discipleship 101 | November 26 | 6-8:00 p.m.
Join us for the next Discipleship 101 training Monday, November 26th, from 6-8pm in the Venue. We will be working through Soteriology, the study of Salvation. The doctrine of Salvation is one of the most important themes in the Scriptures, and as believers, we should have a good understanding of this doctrine. Sign up by clicking here. Child care provided by RSVP to Shann@conwaycorp.net for childcare. If you have questions please contact Michael Harrison at email@example.com
Parents Night Out | December 7 | 6-8:30 p.m.
Fellowship families, we invite you to Parents Night Out 2018. This is a night where you can bring your kiddos (nursery – 4th grade) and enjoy a night of Christmas shopping or just a night of quiet. Kids are encourged to wear their pajamas. We will have a great night of games, crafts, and movies. Register here by December 1.
Conway Ministry Center – Volunteer a Meal and Your Time
Fellowship is partnering with the Conway Ministry Center as they are setting up a winter warming station. Volunteers are needed to help provide a hot meal and/or to stay over night with those who need a warm place to stay during the week of January 6 – 12. Register here. For more information contact Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Downline Summit – February 1-2
The Downline Summit is a powerful time of shared insight, equipping and connection. It’s a time for followers of Christ to join together, fanning the flame of disciple making—and to renew their commitment to live out the great commission. If you have any questions contact Michael Harrison at email@example.com or 501-339-4222. To reserve your spot click here.
Click Here if you would like to give a gift.
To make a gift or a commitment to Generations, you can click Here.
Weekly budget 24,519
Giving For 11/04 23,721
Giving For 11/11 25,205
YTD Budget 490,385
YTD Giving 445,176
Over (under) (45,209)
Total Pledge 1,542,887