The Vision of the Last Days
“The devil is in the details.”
Daniel’s Experience of Prayer and Spiritual Warfare (10:1-11:1).
• A clear understanding of turbulent times should turn us to God (10:1-3).
• Spiritual Warfare is a reality at a personal and national level (10:4-14).
• When we are weak God strengthens us, revealing we are not alone (10:15-11:1).
Turbulent times turn us to God who reveals we are not alone.
Thriving in Babylon: Never give up, you are never alone.
The Tribulation under Antiochus and Antichrist (11:2-45).
• God knows the future precisely, and reveals what we need to know (11:2-4).
• God knows–in great detail–and controls the events of history (11:5-20).
• God uses times of severe persecution to refine His people (11:21-35).
• Antichrist will exalt himself and be powerful until God destroys him (11:36-45).
God reveals–with measured detail–what we need to know,
including the reality of suffering in order to refine us.
Thriving in Babylon: Be patient, endure suffering well, and grow in your faith.
We are never alone in turbulent times. God knows the end from the beginning,
so turn to God and trust Him
in the midst of suffering and purification.
- Monday: Revelation 19
- Tuesday: Zechariah 12
- Wednesday: Zechariah 13
- Thursday: Zechariah 14
- Friday: Daniel 12:1-13
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will turn to God when things are turbulent, trying, and tough.
- I will prepare myself for a turbulent future with confidence and faith in God who knows the end from the beginning.
- Because God knows the past as well as He knows the future, I will trust Him with my future.
Home Church Questions
- Read Daniel 10-11.
- Is there anything that was new, memorable, or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- Why do you think there is so much detail about historical events in this passage?
- How did Daniel deal with the general truth of a “great conflict”?
- How did Daniel deal with knowing the details of the “great conflict”?
- How would you describe the reality of spiritual warfare? Does it fit with Daniel 11?
- Are there really demonic powers behind governmental rulers?
- Why would God jump forward and give us a picture of Antichrist in the future?
- Why is the end of Antichrist described so abruptly?
- What are the main themes you have taken from the Daniel study?
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Operation Christmas Child Thank you to all who packed and served during the OCC Collection Week. Please continue to pray for the logistics of sending the boxes, as well as the children who will receive them. We will have a celebration December 4 during both services to reveal how many boxes were sent!
Nicaragua Evangelism Team Info Meeting We want to grow our partnership with Nicaragua in the area of evangelism and are extending an invitation to you to hear what opportunities are available, and how you can become involved. Join us Sunday, December 4, at 12:20 p.m. for lunch to learn how you can be a part. Childcare will be provided. Please RSVP to Lisa at email@example.com
Fellowship Kids Parents’ Night Out Friday, December 9, 6-9:00 p.m. Christmas is fast approaching and that means Parents’ Night Out here at Fellowship. This is a great opportunity for you to take some time to enjoy your Friday evening while we have fun with the kids. RSVP (for kids birth – 4th grade) to Heather McKinney at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 2.
International Friendship Outreach Fellowship has an opportunity to welcome students from around the world right here in our own neighborhoods of Conway in very tangible ways. Contact Miseon at email@example.com, 501-205-9207 for any questions, or how you can be involved in the following areas.
• Invite them into your home for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas. Many internationals come to the U.S. and never step foot into an American home.
• Attend the IFO Conway Christmas party on December 2nd, 6:30 p.m. at Second Baptist Church and spend time with the students. You can even provide a gift for a student, ($7-15 -blankets, hats, gloves, dry erase board, flash drive, electric kettle, gift cards, etc.).
• Host a new student. Students are arriving January 6th – 7th. We need families who can host students until the dorms open January 8th.
One Cry at True Holiness Saints Center Tuesday, December 6th, at 6 a.m. several churches from Conway will be joining together to pray for God to move in our city.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 11/06/16 24,000
Giving for Week Ending 11/13/16 27,027
Year to Date Needed 460,661
Year to Date Giving 468,553
Over (Under) Budget 7,892