Apologetics – Islam (Genesis 16:1-16; 25:12-18)
The Scripture on Ishmael
The Bible, Arabs, and the Blessing of Ishmael
• Genesis 16:1-16
• Genesis 25:12-18
• A Little Bit of History
• A Little Bit of Eschatology
The Structure of Islam
Arabs, Islam, Muslims, Sunnis, and Shiites
• Sunnis vs. Shiites
• Other Groups
The Scripture of Islam
Koran, Qur’an, Surahs, Hadith, and People of the Book
The Theology of Islam
Pillars, Prayers, Mecca, and Jihad
• The Five Pillars of Islam
• Shahadah (Creed) – “There is no God but Allah, and Mohammad is the prophet of Allah.”
• Salat (Prayer) – Praying five times a day in Arabic facing Mecca.
• Zakat (Almsgiving) – Give 2.5% of your income to the poor or for evangelism.
• Sawn (Fasting) – Fasting in daylight hours during the month of Ramadan.
• Hajj (Pilgrimage) – Every able-bodied male must travel to Mecca once in his lifetime.
God loves Muslims and Jesus died for Muslims; Jesus is the only hope for Muslims and World Peace.
- Monday: Genesis 16:1-6
- Tuesday: Genesis 25:12-18
- Wednesday: Ezekiel 38:1-23
- Thursday: Ezekiel 39:1-29
- Friday: Revelation 19:11-21
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- Be – I will pray for the peace of Jerusalem that will only come when Christ returns.
- Multiply – I will talk about world events from a Christian (not American) perspective this week.
- Go – I will pray for OCC and especially the boxes that go to closed countries.
Home church Questions
• Read Genesis 16:1-16; 25:12-18
• Discuss the message. Is there anything that stood out as important, new, challenging, or helpful?
• How current do you stay regarding world news? How do you stay current?
• What is your attitude toward Muslims?
• How do Muslims fit into the plan of God?
• What is the difference between a Christian response to world events and an American response to world events?
• Read 1 Timothy 2:1-7 (esp. vv, 1-2). How should this guide us as we pray?
New to Fellowship? // We’re so glad you’re here today // Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card // Please fill it out and bring to the Connection Center in the atrium // We will give you a welcome gift and answer your questions.
Do You Commute? // Check out the Fellowship Library on the second floor by the church offices for some awesome resources to listen to on your daily drive.
A Box // We love Operation Christmas Child here at Fellowship Conway! Please continue to pray for the ministry of OCC as we send out thousands of Gospel opportunities around the world to children // Thank you for doing God’s work through Operation Christmas Child this year!
A Bow // If you would like an opportunity to bless someone through two local ministries in the Conway area – Glennhaven and Life After Prison Ministries, look for the Angel Tree in the atrium later this month // You’ll be able to take a bow off the tree and return the item(s) listed on it back to the Connection Center.
A Better Experience // As God continues to bring new people to Fellowship we want to make it possible for them to have a better experience from the first impressions of our body // We have 2 opportunities as part of our Christmas Offering on December 13th to make coming to Fellowship a better experience: 1. New furniture in the atrium (don’t look too closely at the stuff that is currently out there…or do and you will see why it is time to upgrade). 2. Additional parking spaces on the northwest side.
Parents Night Out // Enjoy a little time of your own during this busy holiday season while we have fun with your kids // December 11, 6-9 PM for kids birth-4th grade // RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org // Childcare for children under three, please, email Shanna Franklin at email@example.com.
Christmas Eve // We know it is still a ways off but wanted you to be able to mark your calendars and make plans to bring the family // We will be having two Christmas Eve worship services this year at 5:00 and 7:00 p.m. // Be praying about who God would have you invite.
The Updated Fellowship Mobile App // Use your smartphone to listen to sermons, view digital bulletins, submit prayer requests, and more. Available at Fellowshipconway.org/app.
July 1 – November 15, 2015
Weekly Budget Needs $21,577
Giving for 11/08/15 26,121
Giving for 11/15/15 13,903
Year to Date Needed 430,156
Year to Date Giving 433,847
Over (Under) Budget 3,691