The Final Triumph of God
Daniel: A Manual for the Suffering Church
Daniel’s Final Hope–Resurrection (12:1-4).
• Antichrist’s persecution brings unparalleled distress and certain deliverance (12:1).
• Everyone’s eternal destiny will be determined by resurrection (12:2).
• The righteous will be rewarded for faithful service (12:3).
• God’s plan is determined and will become more clear as you study Daniel (12:4).
God’s plan will inevitably come to pass,revealing the destiny of people, of all people.
Thriving in Babylon: Invest in the purposes of God because they are certain.
Daniel’s Final Word–Rest (12:4-13).
The final stage of history–Antichrist’s terror–will last three and half years (12:5-7).
The final outcome of history will be the victory of God (12:8-12).
• The final destiny of God’s faithful servant is rest and reward (12:13).
God knows the details of the end of history,and will reward His faithful people after His final victory.
Thriving in Babylon: Invest in the purposes of God because you will be rewarded.
God’s victory is certain, so patiently endure and invest in His purposes.
- Monday: Daniel 1-2
- Tuesday: Daniel 3-5
- Wednesday: Daniel 6-7
- Thursday: Daniel 8-9
- Friday: Daniel 10-12
Next Steps From Today’s Message
- I will prepare for turbulent times by growing in my study of scripture.
- I will prepare for turbulent times by growing deeper in my community.
- I will prepare for turbulent times by trusting God now.
Home Church Questions
- Read Daniel 12.
- Read Matthew 24.
- Is there anything that was new, memorable, or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- What would you tell someone if they asked you why they should study Daniel?
- Daniel 12:3 presents resurrection as a hope. How is this encouraging?
- Paraphrase the questions that are asked in Daniel 12:6 and 12:8. Are these questions you would ask?
- If the math in chapter 9 added up perfectly, what are the chances the math in chapter 12 will add up perfectly? What are the implications of this?
- What has been the most encouraging thing you have learned in our study of Daniel?
- What has been the most challenging thing you have learned in our study of Daniel?
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Fellowship Christmas Offering You only have one chance to make a positive first impression. This Christmas we want to make an investment in our first impression on the campus and on our website. Our Mission is to invite people to enter God’s story, equipping and releasing them to become reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ. The Christmas Offering this year will be used to “upgrade our invitation”. So if you are thinking about making an end of the year donation somewhere, please consider investing in Fellowship and the 2016 Christmas Offering. Actual Christmas Offering will be December 18th.
Fellowship Angel Tree Every year the Girlfriends Ministry assists local ministries through the Fellowship Angel Tree. This year families from the Bethlehem House, Haven House, Local Women’s Shelter, New Directions Ministry (formerly Life After Prison), and Renewal Ranch will benefit from this outreach. Ornaments (with requested items) will be available December 4. Please return purchased items, wrapped and labeled, by December 18.
One Cry at True Holiness Saints Center Tuesday, December 6th, 6 a.m., several churches from Conway will join together to pray for God to move in our city.
Nicaragua Evangelism Team Info Meeting Next Sunday, December 4th, 12:20 p.m. you are invited to hear how you can be part of the Spring Nicaragua trip. Lunch will be provided as well as childcare. Please RSVP to email@example.com.
Fellowship Kids Parents’ Night Out Friday, December 9, 6-9:00 p.m. for ages birth – 4th grade. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 2.
International Friendship Outreach Fellowship has an opportunity to welcome students from around the world right here in our own neighborhoods of Conway. Invite a student for Christmas, attend the IFO Conway Christmas party December 2nd, or host a new student who will be arriving January 6-7. Contact Miseon at email@example.com, 501-205-9207 for more information and how to get involved.
Christmas Eve Candlelight Services Saturday, December 24, 5:00 and 7:00 p.m.
Christmas Day Join us as we gather together as one family and celebrate the birth of our Savior. 10:45 a.m. service only.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 11/13/16 27,027
Giving for Week Ending 11/20/16 26,692
Year to Date Needed 483,694
Year to Date Giving 495,245
Over (Under) Budget 11,551